Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I think these topics could fit under the misc topic currently. I'm trying to keep the forums focuses on sniping & snipers and not make it a "firearms" forums.

MEL

·
Registered
127 Posts
Mele:

I agree with GOON. I don't mean to, but I get sucked into answering some of these[to me] stupid comments from people who really don't know their butts from a hole in the ground about Americans. I think you should have a seperate forum for just that kind of subject. No holds bared type of forum. It will probably be your most used one.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
My only concern with such an aggresive no-holds-barred forum idea, is that the behvior would likely spill out onto the rest of the site, which has been incredibly well-behaved (for the most part)

·
Registered
307 Posts
Using VB, you can move posts, and create their own threads, if necessary. So, per se, I start accusing the Americans of being after Oil in Iraq in this post, it can be shipped off to the "Political" forum, and I can be dissected there.

As for the behavior spilling out; It happens. Depends upon how mature your crowd is. In another forum I used to frequent, they had a political debate forum, and while, for the most part, it was fairly well behaved, several threads, which consisted of slights directed against the other party, ended up being made. HOWEVER, the average age of the poster on those forums was about 18, with a low of 12. They were not the most mature people on the face of the earth.

But, Mel seems to intend for this forum to be on the subject of Sniping only. While a forum on politics will aid in building a strong community and following for the site, it will not make things easier. People will develop issues, and there will be drama, drama, DRAMA. But, that uses my previous experience in the aformentioned forums as a base, so it could be different here.

To summarize; You'll probably end up with some issues, but with a bit of maturity (And perhaps a heavy hand from moderation), these issues can easily be laid to rest.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I'm waiting for a few more people to chime in on this one before I decide what to do, if anything. I do want to keep the forums on topic... but am open. So far behavior has been outstanding, and I don't want to really "promote" bad behavior..... we'll see.

MEL

·
Registered
15 Posts
I would like to see a forum on the Second Amendment and/or on politics as well. My best friend is trying to ban all firearms from everyone in the US and I would like to see the members of this site help me build a water tight case as to why we should be allowed to own firearms and why we are legally allowed to own firearms. If such a forum existed, I would have plenty to say.

Too, this forum will probably attract limp-wrists who do want this country disarmed. These folks could stir things up, but with site administration, the forum could be locked if it got too out of control. However, if these types did come in and argue against gun ownership, we could get an idea of their thought processes so as to better combat them, or we could simply show them the error of their ways. It could get very interesting.

Also, any member getting out of line could have his membership revoked or be punished in another manner, for instance, being able to read but not post in a particular forum.

Anyway, your call Mel. I am new to the forums here, so I don't know if you are the only administrator, but if you started a political forum, I suggest you get help.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I feel most 2nd amendment discussions to be rather boring, and I dont feel like wasting time aruging over moot points. They will never take all of your guns, end of subject.

They may limit the number of morons, I mean idiots, I mean pajama commandos who feel they need automatic rifles. And there is no good argument to counter that. I don't think the "ze germans" will be invading anytime soon.

Politics should be left to politics websites, and sniping should stay here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts