Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Premium Member
7,891 Posts
I'm starting to feel eager to see it too, Mlammers. Its gonna be a really interesting thing to compare and I'm looking foreward to seeing how the hunting rounds do, since they are hyped as "super penetrators" and the like.

Mel's point about distance from obstacle to the target is well said...Move things back a little and you might start seeing keyholes from bullets hitting sideways. I've never done any real tests but I've found out as he said, things can change dramatically in 20 or 30 feet! What I found so far is that if there is an obstacle in the way, angles are bad. Gotta hit it straight on, but I'm sure thats common knowledge.

Good luck with the tests! Should be fun.

· Premium Member
7,891 Posts
AK, Mlammers, its 5 o'clock somewhere and the only dangerous amount is none....

Kiddin, what I really wanted to say was that maybe a box of lighter hunting ammo could be in the mix? such as ballistic silvertip or plain old nosler ballistic tip? The only reason I bring it up is because the bonded rounds really are serious penetrators. I think they would get through whatever medium you want to get through, but a "soft" target doesn't retard them enough to be safe. Usually zip through a deer without expanding too much unless the bullet strikes a shoulder. My experiences are with Win Fail Safe and Accubond...I think the Accubond might be better for LE because the polymer tip initiates a more controlled expansion.

Accubond went through 5 feet of moose before it stopped lol.

· Premium Member
7,891 Posts
Suprisingly enough I haven't made any posts yet while I was in your shape...Thats for the best! But I found out recently that Kentucky bourbon is not for sissy boys! If there are any Kentuckians here, you guys are hardcore.

Talk about walking a tightrope. Something made to penetrate, but not to overpenetrate...very tricky! I would think some of the rounds like the CL and others without exposed lead would be right up the alley of what you're lookin for. Do you have any gelatin to use in your tests? Maybe I could donate you a few boxes of Jello lol...would be nice to see what kinda shape these rounds are ending up in after their journey through the glass.

· Premium Member
7,891 Posts
Underage? thought you were in a Highlander regiment?

Either way...Lay off the vodka comrade! You me and Mlammers are starting to make this place sound like "Alcoholics Unanimous"...Mel must love it.

As for school you should see some of my essays where the writing is huge and slopes downwards from left to right across the page...they got decent marks though.

· Premium Member
7,891 Posts
Meh, our gun laws make no sense...

Mlammers, we just don't know what we want yet...Are we more like America or more like Britain? no one can figure it out...Personally, I wish we could be more like the states...No more pouffy wigs...

Yeah Jeff, let it all out!

· Premium Member
7,891 Posts
I'm shorry Mel, we was jusht havin....Hey, lemme buy ya some drinksh!

I've heard the older Barnes bullets weren't the most accurate, lots of barrels hated them apparently. The new triple shock X bullets, now those are different! Now why didn't I think of that??

Federal has a new round out called "Fusion"...Haven't tried it yet. Supposed ta be the lead core and copper jacket are fused chemically instead of mechanically bonded. Doesn't cost any more than the usual blue box Federal stuff. Gun writers are already starting to claim 20 inch penetration and sub MOA groups lol.

The triple shock Barnes idea Mel had is great though!

· Premium Member
7,891 Posts
Terrible thing to happen, Mlammers...My heart and thoughts go out to his family. I hope that guy ends up "got". I felt pretty bad reading about what happened.

Stay safe, and shoot when you can.

I heard there are five rhinos run amok with red bullseyes painted on them in your area, maybe you can take em down when you shoot the glass tests.

· Premium Member
7,891 Posts
I dunno what you were trying to accomplish with that post, AK, but it seems to me that most of the people on this site are pro-gun and pro-second amendment. I can guess who they probably voted for. Either way, not a very nice way to talk about a country or the majority of the people in it.

We all have our opinions, just express em a lil better.

I'd say the same thing if someone talked about Canadians the same way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.