Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

· Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Hope I dont sound Too Bad! I will try to see if we can recover any of the bullets. This is a rare occasion for me(usually have work inthe AM), but Bourbon is my favorite drink, kind of raised on it.

· Premium Member
7,891 Posts
Underage? thought you were in a Highlander regiment?

Either way...Lay off the vodka comrade! You me and Mlammers are starting to make this place sound like "Alcoholics Unanimous"...Mel must love it.

As for school you should see some of my essays where the writing is huge and slopes downwards from left to right across the page...they got decent marks though.

· Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hey, AK I thought you wer eolder, must be like me raised to respect alcohol not abuse it (HE HE). Or is it College, then just par for the course?
I still call the guy with questions, and he still meets me for dinner to give me help when I ask, like I said the best instructor I have ever had. Wen I was having trouble in the academy at one point he pulled me of fto the side and said look I think you got what it takes, but get your head out of yourass and get the job done. I was in shock, why did this guy care, I did not work for his agency but he went out of his way for me, I was staring, and he looke at me and said dont give me that 1000yd stare wake up and get inthe game. He and one other guy out there saved my ass before I even got started.

· Registered
568 Posts
Underage? thought you were in a Highlander regiment?
Whoa! Served in 2137 RCAC Calgary Highlander, cadet corps, prior NLCC-21 Cpt. Jackson.

I was in shock, why did this guy care, I did not work for his agency but he went out of his way for me, I was staring, and he looke at me and said dont give me that 1000yd stare wake up and get inthe game. He and one other guy out there saved my ass before I even got started.
Yeah, SLT Svenson did the same thing for me a few years back. It's a whole new experiance after that. He dismantled me and built me into "The ideal." Unfortunately, I was last of the Old School and the Canadian Cadet Corps program went further downhill.

As for school you should see some of my essays where the writing is huge and slopes downwards from left to right across the page...they got decent marks though.
These I gotta see.

You me and Mlammers are starting to make this place sound like "Alcoholics Unanimous"...Mel must love it.
You know what's really gonna suck though? When a Liberal stumbles across this, sees us, notes the location tags, and makes it impossible for us to buy nailguns to put up a backyard fence quickly.

· Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Might happen Canada, but we got Bush for four more years(Hope I dont offend anyone) but thank GOD. Plus I am one of the good guys I guess.

· Premium Member
7,891 Posts
Meh, our gun laws make no sense...

Mlammers, we just don't know what we want yet...Are we more like America or more like Britain? no one can figure it out...Personally, I wish we could be more like the states...No more pouffy wigs...

Yeah Jeff, let it all out!

· Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Know what you mean, Love the scenery in Canada though, would like it if the US had so much open area( call me a want to be hermit, but after working in the city, I long for the country of my youth), but the British roots, well just glad we won(no offense meant). Hey got to hit the sack, my 2 and 4 yr olds will be up by 0700, and its 0100 now.

· Registered
2,193 Posts
im glad we dont have that piece of Clinton in office and im glad we have less democrats
we can protect America and keep our rights and not have democrats tryting to pass bullshit that restricts rights our founding fathers fought and died to guarentee us under the US constitution
ok now im gonna stop myself this isnt a political debate

· Registered
568 Posts
I'm all for that. Bush is actually to the RIGHT of the NRA, if that's at all possible. Good **** for gun owners there.

In Canada though, it's a possibility. We've got Liberals canvassing for support in weapon stores, I **** you not.

"So you'll support -" and then they continue spewing bullshit.
"What's your stance on firearms registration?"
"It needs to be made 'tougher'."
"Get out."

· Registered
1,079 Posts
signed a ban to make the 50 caliber a nationwide ban. Signed a ban to make the Ruger 10/22 illegal. Signed a ban to make alot of things illegal. None of us believed for a second that he was a hunter. You should see some of the things he said about his "hunting" trips.

· Registered
2,193 Posts
almost ALL hunting and match centerfire ammo not just the .50 BMG
and the 10/22... perhapes he doesnt want people to be proficinet in
Kerry wasnt a hunter... he was trying to fool gunowners thats all
i didnt buy it for 1 second

· Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Hey guys, Kerry was a total anti-gunner, and even opposed the bill that granted LE nationwide concealed carry. In these Terror filled times why would somone oppose making ready trained first responders unable to carry nationwide(probably should be for any cancealed carry holder too).

ML 313

Know the enemy and yourself, and you need not fear the outcome of a hundred battles-SunTzu

Practice does not make perfect, PERFECT PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT-OSP Drill Instructor

· Premium Member
9,401 Posts
Holy cows! The forums have turned into a social bar gathering! :lol:

Okay, trying to bring it back on topic. For law enforcement, we are not really looking for penetration but not over penetration, what we are looking for is barrier penetration with as MUCH retention of bullet shape and structure, followed by enough penetration, without excess. I think the "enough without excess" is the easiest part. The hard part is first keeping the bullet in one piece well enough to achieve the 2nd.

I wonder if a solid copper bullet like the Barnes X-Bullets would work well. There is no jacket/core to worry about seperation, etc. If you get a chance, it would be very interesting to see how these solid copper bullets perform through glass barriers

MEL

· Premium Member
7,891 Posts
I'm shorry Mel, we was jusht havin....Hey, lemme buy ya some drinksh!

I've heard the older Barnes bullets weren't the most accurate, lots of barrels hated them apparently. The new triple shock X bullets, now those are different! Now why didn't I think of that??

Federal has a new round out called "Fusion"...Haven't tried it yet. Supposed ta be the lead core and copper jacket are fused chemically instead of mechanically bonded. Doesn't cost any more than the usual blue box Federal stuff. Gun writers are already starting to claim 20 inch penetration and sub MOA groups lol.

The triple shock Barnes idea Mel had is great though!

· Premium Member
9,401 Posts
Well, gee, thanks. I am interested in the triple shocks, I would thing they would indeed do well. The chemical bounding you are talking about is a fairly new thing, and I would ALSO be interested in the glass performance of one of the chem bounded bullets.

MEL

· Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Hey guys sorry I have been away a couple days. Ice storm hit about 90 miles north of here, and my wife and I had to load up the generator, and head north to help her parents. Their power was out, and since we had flooding just before the ice they had water coming in the basement. Two days later, they still have no power and thank God I got Paranoid and picked up that Genset. I agree if I can get my hands on some Barnes tipped ammo I will add it to the list. My Shooting may be delayed though. I shoot with CPD, and We just lost an Officer who was shot during a bank robbery on WED. His funeral, and I am sure you understand that some things are more important than others, is on tuesday. We must honor him, and most of all catch the guy who did it, as he is still on the loose. Please keep his family in your thoughts and prayers. I will keep you posted, We may still shoot later this week.

ML313

Know the enemy and yourself, and you need not fear the outcome of a hundred battles-SunTzu

Practice does not make perfect, PERFECT PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT-OSP Drill Instructor

21 - 40 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.