Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

· Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Hey guys looks like I should find out Monday when I will shoot. We have a good ID on a suspect in the shooting now, so I am pretty sure CPD SWAT will have their guys tied up trying to get him(Hope they get him if you know what I mean), and he needs to be got. The Officer was working special trying to make up lost income from his wife getting fired for seeking maternity leave(long story but thats the gist of it). He left behind a wife and six month old daughter, who will never know her father. Kind of puts things in perspective here.

ML 313

Know your enemy and yourself, and you need not fear the outcome of a hundred battles-SunTzu

Practice does not make perfect, PERFECT PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT-OSP Drill Instructor

· Premium Member
7,891 Posts
Terrible thing to happen, Mlammers...My heart and thoughts go out to his family. I hope that guy ends up "got". I felt pretty bad reading about what happened.

Stay safe, and shoot when you can.

I heard there are five rhinos run amok with red bullseyes painted on them in your area, maybe you can take em down when you shoot the glass tests.

· Registered
2,193 Posts
i hope they find the bastard who did it
im sorry to hear this
the cop shot should be honored for his service and giving his life in defence of others its understandable thats the most important thing right now
my thoughts go out to him and his family

· Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Thanks for the thoughts guys, sounds like the guy was caught this morning, he was spotted in DC yesterday, and then fled Officers there(he was at a hospital getting treated for gunshot wounds). He was then arrested here around 0900 today. He must really like to drive, that is about a 10hr trip each way to DC, but our hospitals were being watched here. For any who might be interested, all Fifth Third banks are accepting donations to a scholarship fund for the officer's daughter. MEL sorry if this was not appropriate, but any help will mean a lot to the family.

ML313

Know your enemy and yourself, and you need not fear the outcome of a hundred battles-SunTzu

Practice does not make perfect, PERFECT PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT-OSP Drill Instructor

· Registered
929 Posts
AK said:
Bush is actually to the RIGHT of the NRA, if that's at all possible.
Bull ****. My consitutional rights are being violated by a man who swore not once, but twice: once when he became a citizen, and once when he took the office of governor, and I am still waiting for Bush to do something about it.

Please refreain from spewing that nonsense about state independence: I'm all for a powerful state vs. a weak federal government, but when my CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS are being infringed upon, I'd hope that Bush would publicly recognize and act against suhc infringements. The House of Rep. have done a great service for the oppressed of Washington, D.C... so what about us here in California?

He ain't got any more elections to worry about, so I say he makes his push now. Until he does, though, I don't think anyone can accuse him of being all that conservative on gun rights, 'cause he's not standing up for all of his constitutents.

Scatch Maroo

· Registered
568 Posts
You want the bottom-line as I see it Scatch?

Americans are being raped over and over with a spiked steel rod by a corrupt and ineffective Government led by someone who is most likely incapable of understanding the briefing papers he's handed weekly.

One of two things have happened. Either this second go-round, the elections were again, rigged, or the majority of the people in the United States of America are idiots and voted the retard back into power.

but when my CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS are being infringed upon, I'd hope that Bush would publicly recognize and act against suhc infringements.
You hope too much from Georgie. For him to do that, he'd have to be able to READ above a Grade Eight level. I wonder if he's even capable of that.

In California, don't you have his brother, Jeb Bush, as Governor? If so, I can understand the confusion - I've been talking about G. Bush, not J. Bush.

· Registered
929 Posts
Jeb Bush is the governor of Florida, where they still have a few rights left. I was referring to my governor, the governator, Arnie Swarzagor (I won't even bother to look it up) who claims to be a Republican yet acts a lot like a Democrat...

In re: to the intellect of W., I ain't sayin' one thing or another... but if someone is going to say he's extremely conservative, I'd expect them to show how he can be so while ignoring the injustices of California.

Scatch Maroo

· Registered
2,193 Posts
AK said:
You want the bottom-line as I see it Scatch?

Americans are being raped over and over with a spiked steel rod by a corrupt and ineffective Government led by someone who is most likely incapable of understanding the briefing papers he's handed weekly.

One of two things have happened. Either this second go-round, the elections were again, rigged, or the majority of the people in the United States of America are idiots and voted the retard back into power.
hey AK thats uncalled for...
you calling the majority of Americans idiots cause they didnt vote for a flip flop who had the worst and most unpredictable voting record and votes to slash intelligence budgets after 9/11, is on the intelligence committee and doesnt show up the rest of the time
votes against sending body armor to soldiers in iraq because he thinks the money should be spent on health care for seniors and he already doesnt care if soldiers get hurt by what he does and if you dont know what i mean you dont have a right to talk about the Bush/Kerry elections
claims to be pro-gun and thanks groups who want to get the government to take guns away from people, extend the assault weapons ban, put in new bans getting rid of most if not all semi-auto shotguns and rifles which there are 80 million gunowners in America
if there is 1 thing we Americans value its our constitutional rights and we will never forget of our founding fathers and how they died for them and were gonna be damned we loose them cause some traitor tricks us into collecting our guns and doing away with the 2nd amendment and many others
Bush might not be perfect but no one is and thers less wrong with him than Kerry

· Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Hey everyone, Let's cut GW some slack here, he has moved much more to the right so far this term(which does not start for another week or so). We must understand that he can not get everything he wants, and no politician can, at least I feel that he tries to do what he thinks is the right thing in his heart. He did sign the Conealed carry for LE bill, which Slick Willy fought for 8 years to keep off the floor of congress, he wants to reform social security, he has lowered taxes, and will I think get us started in the right direction. The big Govt was not built overnight, and it will not change overnight.

ML313

· Premium Member
7,891 Posts
I dunno what you were trying to accomplish with that post, AK, but it seems to me that most of the people on this site are pro-gun and pro-second amendment. I can guess who they probably voted for. Either way, not a very nice way to talk about a country or the majority of the people in it.

We all have our opinions, just express em a lil better.

I'd say the same thing if someone talked about Canadians the same way.

· Registered
568 Posts
if you dont know what i mean you dont have a right to talk about the Bush/Kerry elections
All of what you just said:
- Personal Protective Equipment taking backseat to increased health care
- Intel budget cutting
- Many other things I haven't heard of until now

To me, all of that is news. Never heard of that sh*t before. (I get really tired of **** being changed to stuff here on occassion) In which case, now that I've been "enlightened," as to the actual situation in America, I would have supported G.W. in the election now.

AK, but it seems to me that most of the people on this site are pro-gun and pro-second amendment.
- And with the Canadian media being what it is, and not giving a rat's ass until now, I did not know what Kerry was planning on. Knowing now what I do, I stand corrected.

· Registered
929 Posts
Max338 said:
Scatch: GW hates CA cus we (in majority) didnt vote for him
I think we'd be a Ronnie Reagan Red State again if we had some decent gun laws... how many Republicans have moved east to Nevada and Arizona? Understandably, the cost of living is cheaper out there, but there's still a lot of cheap undeveloped territory along the borders an throughout the Northern section of California. Maybe some of them would come back if they could have more than two guns. :(

Scatch Maroo

· Registered
568 Posts
Maybe some of them would come back if they could have more than two guns.
You have got to be kidding. You're only permitted two firearms per household / registered person? :shock:

I'm sure the logic behind that one was ".22 for plinking, 30-06 for putting meat on the table." Unfortunately, sort of discounts the "home defense" handguns and the like...

· Registered
929 Posts
If you people paid attention to my show boating, you'd see that we are obviously allowed more than two hand guns... :)

It was an exaggeration, but a fair one, almost.

Scatch Maroo

· Premium Member
9,401 Posts
I grew up in California, most all of my family still lives in California, and we will never move back to California.... Geographically, its a wonderful state, beautiful beaches, beautiful mountains, etc. Beurocratically and Politically, a disaster :? (oh, and too many people for my liking :D )

Like others have mentioned, GW is certainly not perfect, but he's the president, my commander and cheif, and far better than the alternative was (in my opinion).

Okay, thats about the most political as you will see me publically get.....

MEL

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.