Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Part of a class I took was on terrorism in the Army. That was in 1992 or so. They said then that is not a matter of if but when we get hit hard by NBC attacks from terroism, but the country didn't want to hear it and the politicians as well as the conventional military wouldn't pull their heads out of their four point of contact and believe it. Most people will not believe it unil they see a mushroom cloud in the sky, then they will scream the loudest about why did the govt let this happen.

As a side note on this being prepared, when we had the tidal wave warning a few weeks ago, in a town north of here poeple were fighting pulling into gas stations to get gas. One thing to think about is if you have all this fancy equiptment to bug out with, but you have an empty gas tank, you are screwed. Always try to keep at least 1/2 a tank of gas in your vehicle at all times. I say this as by truck sits with the fuel warning light on. :oops:

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
oh my God--i cant believe that--i say they make a "great wall of america" like the one in china----buts thats still amazingly bizzare(one good thing is i live in the middle of nowhere in a south dakota town of 21,000.

dom

·
Registered
175 Posts
The sad and frightening truth is, our government and our nation will probably not awaken to the reality of the situation until another attack has taken place. The thought of these monsters targeting 4 million American deaths sickens and infuriates me, as does our government's lack of action to stop the invasion at the borders. I hear this kind of news and my thoughts immediately turn to "How can I take the battle TO these guys instead of sitting around waiting for them to act first." It was Patton that said, "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed tomorrow." I agree with Patton. I need to go cool off!! :x
K2

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Is there any where on the net that can simulate the blast area of a nuke in different places of the US? I have always wanted to know what would happen if one hit Atlanta.

I have been worried about railroads for years, after I talked to some of the county LEO/Firefighters. They get a letter that informs them that "xxx" will be on a car that will be crossing through their county on xxx date.... :shock:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Caver;
http://www.fas.org/main/content.jsp?for ... tentId=367

For the most part, it depends upon what strength the bomb is. If it's an actual big ass old tactical nuke, on the megaton scale say goodbye to Atlanta. If it's a small suitcase nuke, say goodbye to downtown, really, at least for a few years, assuming they are willing to pay for a cleanup. Fallout at the blast center will last 10 years before it is deemed safe. The fallout itself presents a problem, so be sure you don't run downwind, else you'll end up with rad sickness within an hour or two.

G

·
0 Posts
Nukes

That is some pretty scary stuff. Now don't laugh at me about this, but, the puppet comedy "Team America" involved the use of suitcase nukes. The plot makes sense, get enough portable nukes and spread them in strategic locations and detonate at a predetermined time. If it does happen, say goodbye to me, I live no more than 150 foot from the border of Lake City Army Ammunition plant.

I just cannot understand, if this is true, why can't our specialized troops locate some of this stuff. Of course people would freak out if you have guys running around seeking out nuclear signatures. You see all this stuff on the military channels and how we have all this sophisticated stuff to find things with and the government still can't find anything.

I hope this story ends up being BS, but when you come down to reality, its seems like something bad can happen. The idiots that caused the bombings in London proved that they can do what they want, when they want.

As for being scared, I'm not scared, I am mad, mad that our country (which I do love) needs to take action, not talk. Start tracking down MS-13 gang members and extract information from them.

·
Registered
307 Posts
This is actually a fallacy. Post-nuclear explosion life will not be nearly as hard as common myth dictates. Explosions from nuclear weapons, even crude ones, are quite clean compared to the controlled reactions you find in nuclear power plants. Ground explosions do indeed create a lot of fallout as one logically expects, however the half-life of fallout is pretty short and most fallout comes down pretty fast.
Unfortunately, that's the US's definition of "Safe". And yeah, in reality, radiation isn't that dangerous. Take a dirty bomb, for instance. If you were at the exact center after it went off, you would suffer just under a lethal dose. After 1 year. Of standing still. So yeah, not very dangerous. Just make sure you stay the **** away though for the first little bit.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Holy hell,thats defineatly not a comforting thought,especially knowing im woefully unprepared for any event even near this disturbingly likely one.Just goes to show,we should have had better securitey on the Mexican border.And damn,ex-spetsnaz helping them,thats even worse.But I guess,its better that we know before anything happens,then until after.And I can only wonder how long all the anylists have had this intel which,if considerably longer than we have,can prevent or lessin the effects on infastructure/death toll.
But still,its not comforting,not at all.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Holy @[email protected]#%!* @#%! I knew it was possible, but never heard it put quite so confidently.

This is what pisses me off so much, when people still concentrate and worry abou the little things. We all need to get over ourselves. I hate to say it, but I think most Americans did not learn SH*T from September 11, 2001. That may offend some, but tought sh*t, because its true. We have only been a superpower for how long? Ok then...being what we are today was not handed to us on a silver platter, we need to stop the quarreling over insignificant issues, and concentrate on what is important.

*steps down...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts