Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this knob rather interesting............

Apparently designed so that you can reach 1000 yards adjustment with a single turn of the knob instead of multiple rotations... I'm wondering if that's possible with it zeroed at 100 yards.

Also how would it compare to a regular knob? If I took a regular super sniper scope and zeroed it at 100 yards and turned the knob to 1000 yards, how many rotations would be needed?

I understand that's it to compensate for bullet drop so various rotations would be different, but a rough estimate would suffice per say.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Mel,

I think you should start putting up scope adjustment problems. Have a known distance, wind speed, current scope zero. Or unknown distance, known target size, wind speed. You can create a sniper math class to help hone peoples ranging/sighting skills. :D

John

*ETA - We all know how much free time you have, so you should be able to whip this out no problem! :shock: *

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
well, the 100-1000 in less than a single turn is not a new idea, leupold has been doing it with the M3 for about 20 years now. But, that is why they need 1 MOA per click. It all comes down to how many adjustments per rotation, and all scopes are different. Burris has a bit more than sightrons or nikons, etc. But each model is even different. Its a question to run by the manufacturer. I do not know how many adjustments per rotation the SS scopes have.

MEL

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
basically I was comparing the erek knob system to the XOTIC scope, which are both 1/4moa and was trying to determine if the hiked up price for the USO is honestly worth it with the erek knob. Basically I was looking at a fixed 10x scope with erek knob and parallax adjustment as compared to the xotic scope. I like the 1/4 moa but would like quick adjustments out to 1000 yards and the reason being I wasn't so sure of turning the regular knobs on a xotic scope really fast to acquire a setting is really such a good idea. I mean, I know that torture-testers do it to see how rugged they are, but to do it on a normal basis doesn't sound like the healthiest thing for the scope, so I figured the erek knob might be a bit of a better choice.

·
Registered
151 Posts
EREK Details

EREK ("Extended Range Elevation Knob") from USO comes in two versions that I am aware of 90 Clik (1/2 moa) version and 90 clik (1/4 moa version). The former gives you 45 moa of travel in one turn and the latter 22 moa in one turn.

I have the 1/4 moa version on my SN-3 3.8-22x58 with 35 tube. This version will give you 60 moa total travel. 22 moa will give you about 750 yards with the 175 grain .308 load. The 1/2 moa version will get you past 1000 yards in a single turn with room to spare, but with out the precision.

My scope has the MOA lit reticle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts