Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
:shock: and again i say :shock: ... god i feel sorry for the enemy though, like the article says he must of thought "HOLY JIHAD, I JUST SHOT HIM IN THE FACE AND HE KEPT COMING?"

too bad the rest of the world doesnt realize we americans ARE invincible.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:D LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Imagine the stories going around among the terrorists right now. God has abandoned us, these Americans cant be stopped. We also carry 45s HK USP 45s to be exact, theory is carry the fire support, dont call fo it later. Big Slow bullet means big bloody hole=threat stopped sooner.

·
Registered
55 Posts
THis is great! Reminds me why old army guys always say don't bring a gun to a gunfight unless it's chamered in a round that starts with a 4... :)

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
what about if it starts with a 5? :twisted:

·
Registered
994 Posts
spade said:
what about if it starts with a 5? :twisted:
Although there may be some obscure manufacturer, I only know of the .50 AE for the Desert Eagle, and I sure as Hell ain't takin' that battle axe to a gun fight. I'd probably run out of breath pulling it out of my holster! :lol:

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
also the 50 GI and im hearing rumblings of a 50 S & W semi automatic rifle.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ive fired a .50 GI before... for those of you who dont know what it is... its basically a 1911A1 in a 50 AE equivelent caliber. Oh yea... it kicked the living SH!* out of my hand.... didnt really like it too much it really did hurt LOL :D LOL

·
Registered
108 Posts
I bet the guy that shot our soldier layed a big one as he ran. :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Oh yeah, dropped a nutty buddy bar in his track pants

·
Registered
238 Posts
lol brush your teeth! god hes a lucky bastard....

but i think we found a new form of bullet protection, if being shot at use the, your bullet to my tooth style!

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Heck with Kevlar, I want an enamel vest...

As Shikaku said..."Look ma, no cavities!" strong teeth are good in many ways. Still, even though I have heard similar 9mm woes and have seen some sorry performance out of some truncated FMJs I wonder what kinda crap-o ammo a hadji uses....BC or Brian.Phinney, can ya help me out?

·
Registered
110 Posts
great story

just goes to show how worthless the 9mm is. i have heard storys of officers doing enterys and the front man with the sheild is carrying a 9mm. a pitbull in the house came after him and the officer unloaded an entire mag into the dog and the dog was still coming.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Dropped it into misc because I hope it gets more views there...GREAT story and I want people to see it...Christmas miracle

·
Registered
238 Posts
yep, i was at a marine recruiters the other day and we watched videos of one of his planes shooting a missle, and the missle had an onboard camera, and right before it was hitting a radar site like 4 guys were casualy walking towards the radar lol

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What happened was called energy transfer... the bullet hit him in the upper gum area and hit the roots of his tooth... transfering the energy from the bullet to the tooth... stoping the bullet instantly and causing the tooth to shoot out. Now... since it was a relativly light weith ( 115gr) bullet... im not surprised that happened. Now... if it was a 230gr bullet... it would have done the same thing with the exception of it still would have kept on going after it shot the tooth out like a rocket from his gums. I have used 9mm pistols over sea's before and seen what they can do... i have seen what 40 SW caliber pistols can do... and i have seen what .45 Auto caliber pistols can do... so far i like the .45 Auto. With REALLY good ammo... the .40 SW is dang close to a .45 Auto in ability.

BC

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
It was a fluke. Could have happened so many different ways, if the bullet had hit the tooth at a different angle, if the terrorist had aimed differently, if the 9mm bullet was heaver and had more momentum, anything. What saved that man was a matter of millimeters, not the choice of caliber. Could happen with an even smaller caliber that it would punch right through the tooth. Or the terrorist could have fired again.

9mm ain't purely the culpret anyway.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
good story

muzzleblast:
no, not 100% the 9mm's fault but still i think a .44 mag woulda ripped right through the tooth ;) ok you wont be using a .44 mag though
as far as a .45 goes- a 9mm can knock ya down in 1 hit, a .45 can knock ya down in 1 hit, which is more likely to do so
and most importantly- when your firing it, which is most likley to hit them and then knock them down

1 - 20 of 48 Posts