Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,167 Posts
I'm not going to say one is better than the other. Whether one gets used first or not seems to be a decision by the president. Some seem to like the Marines, others prefer the Army. They tend to overlap in some missions, not so much in others. I don't think the Army has or wants an amphibious landing mission or skill set (Neither did I when I was in the Corps, as the first few waves toend to become cannon fodder and machinegun bullet magnets.)

On the urban front, I would certainly have said when I was in (76-80) that the Marines were a bit more familiar with that environment (we took significant casualties in Hue City and never forgot it) because we trained for it all the time. The only thing I know for sure is that in the urban areas, a smaller force can fight evenly with a significantly larger and better equipped force - its all about teh envirnonment you're fighting in.

Jeff

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.