Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to buy a scope described as above for the Barrett, but I was hoping a few of the fellas who are familiar with USOs could tell me if 2000 is a fair price for the following specs, and a scope that looks like 99%.

58mm ergo objective
35 mm tube
4" sunshade with diffuser
butler creeks
MOA scale reticle
11 position lit reticle
1/4 moa us #1 knobs
USO 35 mm rings
USO carrying case

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated before I send a confirm and a check... thanks!

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
from what it looks like that is the same gear that I have - Full price, including the rings ($200.00 by themselves) is right at $3,000.00

I would say that is a good price. SH is running a group buy on those scopes for about $2,500 - not including the rings.

JeffVN

·
Registered
94 Posts
Scatch

That dose seem like a good price for what your getting. I've owned a USO scope in the past and did like it. I got mine, just the scope for just under $2500 It was for my Mcmillan 50BMG.
I then bought a nightforce NXS 8-32 and I fell in love a year later. I bought the nightforce for like $1300.00 and the guy threw in the mount when I bought the rings. All in all it was less than $1600.00 for everything. The nightforce performs better than any scope I've ever owned. It's tough,rugged,the adjustments are dead on repeatable. It's great. Now don't get me wrong, USO makes a killer scope but I thought I would just relay my experience with 50's and scopes. And this is only my opinion.

He guys, what going on with USO, are they being sued or somthing? when ever I ask anyone I get the I don't know but it's big answer.
Just wondering?
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Kenshin

·
Registered
94 Posts
Scatch

That dose seem like a good price for what your getting. I've owned a USO scope in the past and did like it. I got mine, just the scope for just under $2500 It was for my Mcmillan 50BMG.
I then bought a nightforce NXS 8-32 and I fell in love a year later. I bought the nightforce for like $1300.00 and the guy threw in the mount when I bought the rings. All in all it was less than $1600.00 for everything. The nightforce performs better than any scope I've ever owned. It's tough,rugged,the adjustments are dead on repeatable. It's great. Now don't get me wrong, USO makes a killer scope but I thought I would just relay my experience with 50's and scopes. And this is only my opinion.

He guys, what going on with USO, are they being sued or somthing? when ever I ask anyone I get the I don't know but it's big answer.
Just wondering?
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Kenshin

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great assistance indeed--has your USO proven any less reliable (than the Nightforce) in terms of maintaining a zero with your 50?

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
94 Posts
The thing I liked about the USO was that it had the 2 dial cams like the unertl's M40-A1 scope. You could dial in by the hundreds of yards by the first knob and then add a click or two to zero on the second.for a 50BMG you have to have it specially made and I think it cost about $50.00 It was cool. you can get the same thing from nightforce. One thing I did find was I could get a crisper sight picture on the night force. But I do wear contacts and for some people that can make a difference in sight picture.

Zero was great for both. I only had to change it when I changed ammo. After about 50 rounds I would recheck zero but I never had a problem that I can remember. I just thought I was getting a better crisper picture. I never had a problem with my USO but I wanted more magnifycation and I was at a gunshow when I bought the nightforce. all in all I saved a few hundred dollars rather than buying a another USO. I later sold my USO to a friend for a little less than what I paid for the nightforce. {he is a good friend}
I had some questions and called nightforce. I got amazing customer service and thats a big thing for me.

hope this helps.
Cheers,
Kenshin

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Scatch Maroo said:
I'm going to buy a scope described as above for the Barrett, but I was hoping a few of the fellas who are familiar with USOs could tell me if 2000 is a fair price for the following specs, and a scope that looks like 99%.

58mm ergo objective
35 mm tube
4" sunshade with diffuser
butler creeks
MOA scale reticle
11 position lit reticle
1/4 moa us #1 knobs
USO 35 mm rings
USO carrying case

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated before I send a confirm and a check... thanks!

Scatch Maroo

If you dont buy that scope for that price let me have the info.. i will :D

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check's in the mail--I'll post photos when it gets here, and more when I get the base to put it on the 50 (it came with the rings).

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
151 Posts
Picture of SN-3 3.8-22x58-35 ERGO EREK MOA Scale on M40A3

Here is a very similar scope except EREK knob instead of Mark 1. It seems to have many pluses and few negatives! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts