Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just purchased the solid steel Versa Pod. Does anyone have any input good or bad and how does it compare to the Harris?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
herd there are dourability issues with the Versa pod
i'd go with Harris they make a good bi-pod nothing much else to say about them

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
The durability problems should be fixed with the all steel version I beleive. I haven't picked up one of them yet, so I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Harris.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
harris.... no questions harris.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
i think the harris is ur best choice--my uncle has a versa pod and he hates it--

dom

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Two different types of mounting systems and bi-pods. I like the versa pods used in conjunction with a spigot on the front of the stock. The all steel versa-pods solve the durability problems that the aluminum ones have (still not horrible). The harris pods are fine, nothing fancy, get the job done.

MEL

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I will chime in here. I used a Harris clone during sniper school both times, and it worked great, I had no issues, and I beat it hard. We had to use them on uneven terrain, rapid deploys, and were constantly forlding and unfolding them. Mine did fine. I also noticed no problems with guys who were using harris or versapods, no one had a failure except one guy lost a nut off his, but that was fixed in ten minutes, and it was on a harris.

All in all if you use the gear the way it was meant to be used, and buy the pod that fits your needs, you wont be let down. Dont buy a short pod if you need a tall one, keeping the legs extended exposes the weak point of any bipod, as all the stress is on the thin part of the legs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts