Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone got their hands on one of these yet? My wife ordered me a 3-15x44 FFP MRAD recently and I was curious as to what the first impressions are.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I walked into my LGS three weeks ago looking to get a PST Gen1 and he had 4 Gen 2s that he received that morning. I snatched a 5x25 FFP MRAD. It has a more generous eyebox than the Gen 1, in my opinion. Also, the glass looked quite a bit better. Good edge to edge image quality. The illumination knob is a bit tight to turn, almost too tight but at least I know it won't slip. The magnification ring is quite a bit smoother than previous gen. Ret is nice and not too busy. I haven't noticed any tunneling on 5x and it is still really sharp at 25x. The zero stop being switched out to that of the Razor is much improved over the CRS shims. I've not had any tracking issues but I haven't been able to hit the range as much as I would like with my work schedule so time will tell on that.

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
Has anyone got their hands on one of these yet? My wife ordered me a 3-15x44 FFP MRAD recently and I was curious as to what the first impressions are.

I'll try yours out and let you know what I think. Hahahaha

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I just got the scope today, need to pick up a mount and get to the range. Hopefully it will start cooling down soon so I can take it out to 900+ yards and really stretch its legs.

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
So I just got the scope today, need to pick up a mount and get to the range. Hopefully it will start cooling down soon so I can take it out to 900+ yards and really stretch its legs.

If you get out of the valley and go early enough, it's damn near chilly. Got up into the hills just south of Verde Valley at 6 am on Saturday. It was 50*.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Gunguy and norcal, Nice to see you guys are local! I'm up in Black Canyon City. 65* here this morning when I got up. The people in colder climates may get a giggle out of this, but fall is in the air here! Lol!
Where do you usually go shoot? Ranges, desert, or north?

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
Gunguy and norcal, Nice to see you guys are local! I'm up in Black Canyon City. 65* here this morning when I got up. The people in colder climates may get a giggle out of this, but fall is in the air here! Lol!
Where do you usually go shoot? Ranges, desert, or north?
I usually go to Joe Foss, Ben Avery, or the desert west of town. This last weekend a buddy with a truck took me up north of you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I usually shoot right here close to my house (Within 2 miles or so...) so mostly desert shooting, and in the summer, it's early morning only. I have a few other places to go, mostly shorter range stuff. I expect that may change a bit due to my new found interest of getting out past 500 yards. (Longest range I'm willing to take big game.) I will stay within my limits on that one for ethical reasons, but I really want to stretch out to 1000 yards and punch expensive holes in paper. Not interested in competition, just competing with myself for now.

Hope to see you guys around some time!

·
Registered
46 Posts

If you don't mind someone tagging along, Let me know when and where you are going.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do my initial sight in at Ben Avery, but for lots of long range fun and not having to drive hours away, AZ Cowtown has a 1100 yard steel range. It used to be 150.00 for half the day for 6 people, so 25 each aint that bad. But they recently made it members only. So I will be looking into what a membership would be.

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
I do my initial sight in at Ben Avery, but for lots of long range fun and not having to drive hours away, AZ Cowtown has a 1100 yard steel range. It used to be 150.00 for half the day for 6 people, so 25 each aint that bad. But they recently made it members only. So I will be looking into what a membership would be.

Let me know what you find out. Myself and a buddy would like to join. Ring that it's only 45 mins away.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looking through the scope out the window I can see the freeway lights that are about 715 yards away with no issue at 15x, its not as clear as the gen 2 razor of course but I don't feel like I'm giving up anything especially for the price point. The illumination is nice, just the verticle and horizontal, not the whole Christmas tree, I dont plan on doing a whole lot of low light shooting so its not a negative thing for me.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Well the reticle looks great! Now to see if the mechanicals are solid !!! :)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got the scope dialed in this morning, also checked BLM website, no fire restrictions listed. Setting the RZR zero stop was easy, the adjustments matched what the reticle said I needed to adjust. Hopefully go out to table mesa within the next month and put it through its paces.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Got the scope dialed in this morning, also checked BLM website, no fire restrictions listed. Setting the RZR zero stop was easy, the adjustments matched what the reticle said I needed to adjust. Hopefully go out to table mesa within the next month and put it through its paces.

Last time I was at table mesa, I thought I was a target in a fire-fight, few years ago.

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
Last time I was at table mesa, I thought I was a target in a fire-fight, few years ago.
Table Mesa is nothing compared to Miller Road.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts