Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for opinions/reviews on the Vortex StrikeFire Red Dot Riflescope. Any info would be great thanks. Also, I will be putting this on a Robinson XCR 5.56 or AR-15.

Jamie

·
Registered
60 Posts
I owned one before my aimpoint micro. Overall its a pretty nice unit that is definately a step above the aimpoint clones and it is easily worth the price. That being said...its no aimpoint in terms of ruggedness, quality, and sight acquisition.

Pros: cost, weight, comes with cowitness mount, both red and green dots, decent battery life

Cons: dot too fine for my taste, lack of brightness , somewhat "cheap" plastic feel.

This optic would be my first choice for a plinking/casual ar but certainly wouldn't put it on any duty rifle or anything you are going to abuse.

My opinion...the XCR is a very nice rifle and deserves a nice quality red dot from aimpoint or eotech. You'll end up with it anyway so just get it over with now! :p

·
Registered
87 Posts
I just picked one up about 3 weeks ago and believe it or not I put it on my XCR using an American Defence canted mount. I have had it out twice and even in bright light it works just fine for me. Time will tell, but for the price and everyday plinking I think it's a good fit. Even the folks at Vortex will acknowlege that it is not built as tough as an Aimpoint, but they are continually making improvements and with the lifetime warranty its tough to beat.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I was looking at the scope because funds are low at the moment. I have always used iron sites and I just thought that this would tighten up my groups. So I think I will give this one a try. Thanks again for all the info.

Jamie

1 - 4 of 4 Posts