Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a Vudoo 22lr. Yesterday and was told it has already shipped today. Went with a 20moa rail, and a 20" MTU barrel. It's gonna wear a Vortex Gen 2 Razor 4.5-27 that had a 20 moa mount. Going with a Timney Hit trigger set to 12oz. And a MPA BA chassis. Its built to be a 22lr version of my match rifle. Will be shooting it out to 450 yards. Also have 5k rounds of SK Standard Plus in its way.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On my .308 I have the same setup and have a 100 yard zero and 92moa of available elevation. Scope has 113moa total. I will be zeroing at 25 yards

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Id be interested to see your 50yd groups with that setup. I've been thinking of tracking down an Annie and if this thing makes more sense I might go your route. I have a 6.5 with a MPA chassis and Gen II Razer too. Don't know if I'll put another Razor on the .22lr though. I have a GenII PST on another weapon and it is working just fine. I would get another EBR2C reticle though. that thing is the bomb digity. I wish the tree extended further down but other than that I like it.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On the Vudoo gunworks Facebook page someone posted this 50 yard group that was shot with SK Standard Plus. I have a few friends with Vudoo rifles and they shoot the same ammo with the same results.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I did a little reading on the Vudoo website regarding their V-22action and they claim that the round never touches a feed ramp on its way to the chamber. How do they accomplish this???

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Barreled action was 1770.00
That includes your choice of basic colors in ceracoat, your choice of moa for the rail (0-60), 1 x 10rd mag, bolt knob size and barrel length and contour. And it comes threaded with a thread protector.
They basically use a Mauser style controlled round feed, dual extractor claws, so the round is held flush to the bolt face, thus no feed ramp is needed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
GG308, Mike here, the designer/inventor of the V-22 and one of the co-founders of Vudoo. Happy to see you're up and running and feel free to reach out anytime if you have questions, need anything, etc.

MB

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Can't be anything but happy with the Vudoos. Have had mine almost 2 years now and it's one of my favorite rifles. I have mine in a Manners stock with a Razor II on top also and a Timney Calvin Elite. 10 shots on left target and 8 shots on right at 50 yards. Center X ammo. The SK Standard shoots good too but higher ES/SD for longer ranges. I use Center X, Fed UM and Eley Edge for PRS style matches to 300+.

IMG_2156.JPG IMG_1594.JPG

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GG308, Mike here, the designer/inventor of the V-22 and one of the co-founders of Vudoo. Happy to see you're up and running and feel free to reach out anytime if you have questions, need anything, etc.

MB
The chassis will arrive Monday and I will be sighting in and group testing Thursday. I am expecting some awesome results based on shooting my friends Vudoo rifle. And I'm also certain the Vudoo will not disappoint.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I'd like an accurate .22LR but dang. you put a decent chassis on that and you are at the $2600-2700 mark without the scope. Just out of curiosity what stock/chassis do they VooDoo folks recommend?

Oh yeah by the way Nice Group.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Look at it this way Purchase a Great Shooting Rifle ( I do not know I do not own one) Or keep buying 300 to 400 Dollar .22lr Rifles to see how they shoot. One way you have one the other way I bet you end up with 10 or more rifles and you just get what ever show's up.

I hope gunguy lets us know and shows us some targets.

·
Registered
5 Posts
V-22

I see they sell a complete rifle for $2400.00 I wonder about the Resale value for a used one ? I have a lot of .22lr in Ruger Savage Henry Marlin and others. Well Well over 2400.00 in my inventory of .22lr rifles. All the Re-chambered Match Barrels. Bolts, Triggers and the list goes on.

And all the extra that goes into this crazy world of .22lr shooting.

Any way you look at this it is a hobby for most of us and we spend money on our Hobbies.

But with Winter inching up day by day at this point I would get the Rifle in November or December.

Now the fact is I really know nothing of the Remington 700 platform at all so I am starting out as the new be what a be.

I will have to look into what is needed if I went the way gunguy went seems you will spend as much or more. I know I would need a trigger pricing up to 250.00 or so. Stock 350.00 or much much more.

I have Scopes and mounts. So gunguy keep us in the loop on your V-22, I am in line but have not gotten to the Cash Register to check out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mike what does your Basic 2400 rifle come with?

This is what I am thinking about if the V-22 can produce targets like the ones posted here.

I want Rifle that I can take in the woods for hunting and to the Range when my club has .22lr shoots. ( once a Month)

I want the Specter barrel in 18", large Bolt handle in Carbon Fiber. 20 moa rail only have 100 yard range, One extra Mag,

What trigger do you supply with the Rifle? ( Name and Model) Up grade cost on other Triggers? I like the trigger at 2 lb's. but want to go lower or higher if need be.

What Stock do you offer? I like the look of the Sinister. But I want to keep the rifle lite as I can.

I like the Copper/Black color,

What is the weight of the Barrel alone. The Specter 18"

I really want a new toy but I want a Rifle that does what everyone claims they do, that is all I ask.

But you guy's are very very quite on the Accuracy of the Rifle you sell why is that?

I hope you get back to me soon. Thanks for your time Mike.

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is a video of the V-22 feeding rounds on line. It is done using two extractors to hold the case. If you find the video slow it down so you can see how good it does work as the person who made the video goes very quick.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts