Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did i see a guy shooting a walther 22 at the range today shoot a 2 inch group at 50 feet?!?! HE FREAKING UNLOADED whatever he was shooting..i mean fast...that lil hand gun was a shooter... I don't knwo if that's what i saw or not but does anyone have experience with these? I'm pretty sure it was a walther...i was amazed...anyone knwo about em...worth buying??

-brian shields

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've heard mixed reviews, but going by word of mouth is a horrible way to judge a weapon. I do a lot of reasearch and personal testing before I purchase a firearm, that said I was going to buy a Walther P22 last year but never did.

All of the reviews I had read were split about 50/50. Some people expect way too much from a firearm priced like the Walther, firing the 22 with the barrel it has (regardless of the barrel extension). On the flip side, some people really love the damn things. They are excellent handguns for children and women because they have a very small grip (I never got to test it with the larger backstraps).

I tested the P22 at my local range where they rent one, this place is also pretty bad about gun maintenence for the rentals too. Gun worked fine for me, Failed to Eject once through the better part of an entire box of ammo. Of course, it failed the first shot as well, and after closer inspection decided to clean the weapon first, because, as appearences don't lie, it had been neglected for quite some time.

And .22's don't like neglect.

So my expirence was positive, would have been better if they let you replace (if they even had them) the larger backstrap, but it was rented normally for the youngsters. The model I rented did not use the addon barrel extension either. The sights seemed to be a bit close as well.

Why did I choose not to buy the P22? Because I am waiting on a Benelli M95 E (blued). If I am going to tear paper up, it is going to be with a walnut grip! :lol:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I have the Ruger slab side target pistol and the P22 (only for a couple of months). The Ruger is the best of the two.........but we must look at the intended purpose of the two pistols. The bull barrel that recoil shows is nice for hunting/target work...............but you ant gonna stuff it in your pants for CC. The little P22 works VERY well for CC. I like the feel and the accuracy just blew me away! I, like others, have heard bad things about the little P22s but I have nothing bad to say about mine. I have only put about 50 rnds through mine so far, no FTF or jams. With the high power self defence ammo for the 22lr now the P22 would be a great CC weapon for when the size of the 1911 or glock is too big. I bought mine to use with a suppressor...........so soon as the ATF gets off their BUTT!

·
Registered
271 Posts
yes it is a good gun. I shot one yesterday suppressed at a texas ar15.com get-together at impact zone. and YES, you can blast away with that thing and hit the target EVERY SINGLE TIME!

I had the metal target ringing out like some fucked up door-ding gnome.

PINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPINGPING was all you heard. VERY cool gun.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Vold..edit ur post so muzz doesnt have to.

:wink:

·
Registered
994 Posts
Voldermortist said:
I had the metal target ringing out like some fucked up door-ding gnome.
I'm a gnome and I find this post offensive.

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
speaking of .22 pistols.......have any of you had experience with any browning buckmark .22s? i heard some of them r pretty darn'd accurate

dom

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a buckmark 5.5" target and a p22. The p22 runs great and I don't have a problem shooting it in steel plate matches that I shoot 250 rounds a day in without cleaning or anything, just have to go lite on the oil, and dry lube is a better idea. My buckmark is very accurate, but is much bigger and heavier with a fat bull barrel on it. They are both great guns and I would reccomend either of them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Recommened High Powered Self Defense 22LR Loads?

Hey Cavor101,

What are some of these High Powered Self Defense 22LR Loads you are referring to? What brand and makes do you suggest?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Once I fired a Walther GSP .22 target pistol in Sweden. Funny thing, I remeber the guy who loaned me the gun. His name was Ingemar. He had fine taste in pistols.

That was the sweetest .22 pistol ever.

Mad

·
Registered
777 Posts
Re: Recommened High Powered Self Defense 22LR Loads?

TwoRings said:
What are some of these High Powered Self Defense 22LR Loads you are referring to? What brand and makes do you suggest?Thanks!
While the idea of someone carrying a .22LR for self defense makes me wake up screaming in the middle of the night :wink: it's better than nothing at all. I like the CCI Stingers for the .22LR. They're a higher-than-usual velocity hollowpoint, and accurate (at least in my guns) to boot. Every Wal-Mart has them, and I think they're about $3.50 for 50 rounds. There might be other special .22LR "defensive loads" but Stingers are the best I know of.

Or you could get a .380 or snub .38. :wink: About the same size/weight as a small .22LR, but much more comforting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
walther 22

I have a walther 22 they are fun to have and cheap to shoot . I also have ther carbine version a G22. Sometimes the P22 will jam epending on ammo used. merlin45k out

1 - 15 of 15 Posts