Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay - strange question, but thought this might be the right crowd to ask.

Do any of you have any kickin' hot sauce recipes? My nephew LOVES hot sauce. He's not afraid to try anything. Last time he came to town, he looked in my parent's fridge to see what kind of sauces they had - he pulled them both out and sampled them. Crazy kid. He's in his early teens.

I'd love to cook up a batch and give to him for Christmas along with the recipe for the sauce so he can cook his own - he showed a lot of interest in cooking the last time he was down, so I think a gift like this would be right up his alley.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I reccomend running a simple search on google. You'll find 100's I'm sure.

dom

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
If he is just in it for the heat then buy him a bottle of Mad Dogs Revenge this stuff is rated at 1,000,000 scoville units. I bought a bottle of this for $15.00 and I only used about 4 drops I couldnt handle any more. This is a food additive not a actual sauce but if he likes the hot stuff this is a perfect add in. If you want shoot me a PM and I will send you the rest of the bottle. This is also good for those friends who think they are bad ***** who can handle anything :wink:

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually - I don't know if he's just in it for the heat, or the taste. Personally, I love chips and salsa. I've cooked up a few batches, and while they've always tasted good - they're still not 100%. I'll check with my brother and see if his kid likes the heat or the taste, and get back with you. Don't wanna send the macho kid to the ER... :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Go to Pepper Joe's: http://www.pepperjoe.com/sauces/

I have been using both of his recipes as well as his seeds for years. Really simple to make and better then most of the store stuff. Leave the seeds in if you want it blistering hot and always wear gloves to handle the peppers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Okay - strange question, but thought this might be the right crowd to ask.

Do any of you have any kickin' hot sauce recipes? My nephew LOVES hot sauce. He's not afraid to try anything. Last time he came to town, he looked in my parent's fridge to see what kind of sauces they had - he pulled them both out and sampled them. Crazy kid. He's in his early teens.

I'd love to cook up a batch and give to him for Christmas along with the recipe for the sauce so he can cook his own - he showed a lot of interest in cooking the last time he was down, so I think a gift like this would be right up his alley.

Do you like to cook something new? I love very much. Therefore, I recommend you my favorite sauce recipe.
club.cooking/recipe/lingonberry-sauce/

Try to cook.

Steps
Step 1
Drain berries, wash and pick out any leaves.

Step 2
Place berries in saucepan; add water and heat to boiling.

Step 3
Add sugar; stir to dissolve. Simmer 10 minutes.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts