Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one have experience with Schmidt and Bender scopes? they seem over priced......I'm not so interested in buying one just wondering if they are worth their money?

-BS

·
Registered
271 Posts
they look awesome. never seen one in person, but I get the feeling they're not too rugged. more adaptable towards police work rather than miiltary.

·
Registered
565 Posts
If you can afford it, yes, without a doubt.

There's not a scope in the world, that I know of, I'd trade mine for.

It's just as rugged as the NXS. The mechanical quality actually feels even better, if it's me you're asking. The tube itself is even thicker. All in all, it's not a scope I'm afraid of damaging. But yes, they are primarly intended for LE and not military. Although the latest rumour I heard was that the USMC are swapping all their Unertles and Leupolds for the PM II 3-12x50. I know the actual users will be extremely happy once they master the metric system (if that's the model they're getting...).

I have a 4-16x50 mil-dot with single turn towers. And I wouldn't want it any other way, to be honest. It's THE scope for me. I got it for a fair price and I'm never ever selling it or trading it away.

This wasn't exactly a scientific analysis.. but I don't think I can say it better than this test the Hide and 6mmBR did, anyway. But just as if there's something, I can always try...

Like I've mentioned in another thread, I know THE guy to contact if anyone should decide to buy one. PM me for info.

·
Registered
571 Posts
If I wasn't already in love with Hensoldt and Zeiss tactical scopes, S&B would probably top my list. Even if they are geared mostly for LE work, they are rugged enough for military field work. Good old german engineering: Just because it's primarily made for LE work does not mean it should be made less rugged. Optics are good, and the only one I know who's had a trouble did get prompt help from S&B.

·
Registered
175 Posts
No longer a rumor as its Offical. 3-12 34MM Tube, 50 OBJ, Gen 2 Reticle, Metric 2 Turn Knob.

·
Registered
565 Posts
They wont regret it, I'm sure.

Thanks for confirming it, Phil. Are you supplying rings, by any chance? They wouldn't regret that, either :wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
as far as military use goes i saw a tv show about british snipers they had schmidt and bender scopes on their 338 accuracy international super magnums.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts