Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had forgotten just how good the old Weaver scopes really were until Tuesday afternoon. My wife used my old Winchester Model 70 .243 last deer season and proceeded to put a big dent in my old Weaver K-4 scope. She had it out the truck window and didn't see the tree limb until it was too late.

Yesterday I took it out to shoot just to see how bad things really were. First shot was two inches high and perfectly vertical from the bullseye. Next two shots completed a sub MOA performance and I just put the gun back in the truck and headed home.

It should be noted that this scope has been on this same rifle for over 30 years. There were many years I didn't even check it before the season because it was always on. I guess they just don't make them like they used to.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Yeah but if it was a leupold would it have even change POI? LOL

I know what your mean man, I've got a 30+ year old burris 4x thats on a marlin model 90 lever action. It still looks relatively clear and has taken a good bit of abuse.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
brushbuster said:
She had it out the truck window and didn't see the tree limb until it was too late.
Drive by hunting? :?

BC

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:lol: naw, we were just taking her to her blind and she had it out the window, but if she had seen a good buck she would have taken a shot. Legal in Texas on private property. :lol:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Spade wrote: "Yeah but if it was a leupold would it have even change POI? LOL"

Actually I had it sighted in for 2" high for hunting reasons......that's what amazed me - it was right on after such abuse.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
The old american made Weaver scopes had a good reputation for a reason! Accurate adjustments and very durable. Optics were okay

MEL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts