Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm new to this site. My first (of many) questions is this; Has any out there ever tried the Weaver Tactical Line of scopes? If so what did you think? Is it appropriate for urban tactical use? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
The Weaver tacticals are a good scope, especially the 4.5-14. The optics are clear and adjustments precise. The 3-9x isn't bad either. I'd like to get my hands on one for a longer and better evaluation though.

MEL

·
Registered
994 Posts
Mel, as more and more police officers join the web site, might you consider a section of the site dedicated to urban/hostage sniping?

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Welcome to the Forum's amt8951... i have not used the line of scopes you are asking about but i have a friend who bought one and he likes it alot... it passed his evaluation and he is a Marine Scout Sniper and a friend of mine... so i trust him and think the scope is... at very least... worthy of checking out.

BC

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I have fired my buddies Weatherby sniper package with one on it in 3-9x, it was very clear, and I have never seen him miss a shot with it.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
If you are interested:

I will sell (new) these scopes.
Weaver Tactical 4.4-14x44mm mildot TT(849444) $375
Weaver Tactical 3-9x40mm MilDot TT (849445) $325

Supposedly these new ones have the mil-dot on the first focal plane.

MEL

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
That is a HECK of a deal mel!!

How do they compare to a leupold?

EDIT: you are working with swfa, right? What would the price be for a super sniper 16x or a 20x? I have heard that once swfa started making/marketing them the quality is top notch again. Is that true?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
caver101 said:
EDIT: you are working with swfa, right? What would the price be for a super sniper 16x or a 20x? I have heard that once swfa started making/marketing them the quality is top notch again. Is that true?
I believe that a review of the SS is in the works as we speak.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
caver101 said:
How do they compare to a leupold?
Well, this is where I have not quite done a full blown eval on one. Just looked through them and used breifly. I would venture to say they are almost on par with the VX-III scopes, but would need to get my hands on one for an extended eval first.

I am working on doing an eval, but I'm not working directly with SWFA for sales..... (at least not yet)

MEL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts