Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Yeah, I have bad English. I am trying my best with English.
Ok I declare this thread is pointless.

Admin, you can delete this thread.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
I think you're WRONG, Jeff! Hah just kidding.

For a "civilian" utility rifle, what do you guys think of the Kel Tec SU 16? It uses the M 16 breech locking mechanism but it has a gas piston action. Handles M 16 magazines interchangably, comes with ghost ring sights and a picatinny rail...I've seen them on the net for 440.00 US. Sounds like a nice plinker, self defense, or survival rifle to me, especially with the way it folds in half. The handguard folds down into a "welfare bipod" too. Won't be as accurate as a bushmaster or any other AR type, maybe, but is it a good bit cheaper?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
muzzleblast:
i'd go with a used bushmaster before i went to a Kel Tec SU16
accuracy- can it take varmints byond 50y??? what about if you need to take out big game? shot placement would be critical with a .223 on say elk at 100y
ergonomics- holding the 2 doesnt compare
no point on a bi-pod unless its fully auto or shoots sub moa

mel:
semi-auto would be much better if there is a lack of social order and you are on the recieing end of an anrgy mob's agression
with some quick detachable mounts change from sniper rifle to battle rifle if needed
you can certainately use it for any hunting situation, for target practice etc
perhapes its a little too heavy but it weighs a tad bit less than the m24

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
I forgot about buying used...thats a good point. For big game, I guess in a survival situation, the first shot counts...the next 9 just have to hit somewhere lol. Nah, maybe a 44 mag lever gun would be better. Holds a lot of rounds.

The semi might be more versatile all around though.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.