Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to get an 22lr i have a budget of £700 maybe more to spend just on the gun without the scope

im looking on getting one with a silencer or one that can altleast have one put on it...

:twisted:

·
Registered
10 Posts
hmmm

well,
the silencer part is not easy, but the best 22lr out there is the Ruger10/22
it's by far the best and most custimizable

i guess you could have the front iron sight removed and have threads put on it, and then attach a silencer

an alternate silent 22 rifle

get a bolt action 22lr, and shoot 22CB rounds, will be extremely quiet
or get a bolt action rifle that can shoot either 22lr or 22short, 22short rounds are extremely quiet too

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
/

so i should get a 22lr 10/22 ruger bolt action.

is there a website that sells them.

·
Registered
307 Posts
If england won't let you get automatic weapons, they won't let you get silencers, bob. And don't even think about trying to purchase one, please. It serves no useful ends, unless you are military or police trying to rack up some experience. Yes, i'd want one too, but that's just a pipe dream, just like an assault rifle chambered for 12.5mm.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

I am not entirely sure, but I think suppressors are very much legal in the UK.

However I would question your sanity in wanting to spend up tpo £700 on a .22LR rifle, they are pop-guns.

If you are so desperate to get your hands on a rifle, go on holiday to the US or something for a few weeks and visit a range.... I believe most ranges over there have a wide selction of weapons you can rent out....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

but people spend more on air rifle wich arnt as powerful or as accurate are they :? .......are they?.

im pritty sure u can get silencer in england almost 100%

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Sako P94S Varmint bolt action is fitted with a heavy barrel, awesome craftmanship in stock and action, and has a threaded end on the barrel for a silencer. Not that I'd ever fit one of course :lol:

Have a look at www.sako.fi where I think the generic name is Finnfire Varmint. I easily make a good case for myself at the target range with this rifle due to its excellent accuracy. I optioned the set trigger for target range work but only use the normal excellent trigger for hunting.

Regards,
AP>

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've got an old Winchester Model 52 that I love to death, unfortunately they're a bit spendy now days as they haven't been made in ages...

·
Registered
344 Posts
Bob, I agree with waterwings. The Ruger 10/22 is about the best semi-auto 22 you can get, but I don't know how legal semi-autos are over there. I own a 10/22 and am very happy with it. You can also fit it with some very nice target barrels. You can even get these barrels in .17 HMR if you want. I wouldn't know what to tell you about a bolt-action .22 since I've never had one.

·
Registered
344 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

i doubt they'd let me have one of those 17 hmr's in england though whada u reckon

·
Registered
344 Posts
Well, If you can get a 10/22 in .22 mag, then all you have to do is buy the replacement barrel. But remember, the barrel won't work on a 22lr; it has to be 22 magnum.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
.22 LR isnt bad for target shooting but most .22 LR rifle and ammo are inexpensive, a Ruger 10/22 gets my reccomendation
just dont go with cheap ammo, the higher end .22 Lr stuff is better quality and is still inexpensive
as for a scilencer im not sure what your laws are or how much 700 in your currency is but i dont thinkt that 700 USD would get you a scilencer and a gun.. think scilencers are in the $1000 and up range.. could be wrong though
10/22s can sell for $250-500 depending on the particular rifle
my friend has a 10/22 w/ a McMillian stock and an extra heavy barrel, shoots though the same hole at 25y, a little over done if you ask me but its a fine target/plinking rifle

·
Registered
292 Posts
ruger 10/22's are more cutomizable but i have had good luck and accuracy with my marline 880ss with the micro groove barrel, its easy to get 1/2 moa groups at 50 yards with a cheap straight four power bushnell scope and federal high velocit ammo

·
Registered
91 Posts
THis weekendi shot a Ruger 10/22 for the first time. we shot 500 or so rounds out of it and that an accurate s.o.b. but i still think My Marlin 22 bolt is more accurate scope or not.

·
Registered
344 Posts
As for ammo, I did use federal but the stuff kept not ejecting corectly and jamming. I prefer Remington Golden Bullet. Its good stuff and I havn't had any problems with it.

As for suppressors, here's one for $400:
www.gggaz.com/dvc/sup_22lr.php

·
Registered
68 Posts
My grandpa has a 10/22 ruger and its pretty accurate even though i havnt had the time to clean it and zero it in.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Anyone have any experience with Remingtons new semi autos? Their prices are right, anyway.

I think theres a legit spot for a good .22 in everyone's arsenal, for some purpose or other.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts