Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have gone through too many pairs of boots. my most recent is a pair of bates superlights that lasted 2 months. currently i am looking at corcoran model # xc1525 or the steel toe version. i want some thing that will last alot longer that 2 months. any help on this subject will be consitered during my purchace. thank you

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Try a pair of Danner's...expensive, but well worth the money!! And they can be re-soled if you do ever wear the soles out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was looking at the danners but the only thing that stood out to me was the fort lewis 10" but i really dont have that much money..

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
If black is OK, I have had great luck with Rocky All Leather 8 inch Duty boots. I have tried several others(hightek, bates, rocky 911 series, to nme some) and I keep going back to the Rocky leather. they are comforatable, waterproof, take a good shine if that is a factor(is for my duty pair) very supportive, resolable, and last two years in everyday duty for a patrol type use. They are about 150 bucks so not too expensive.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
What are you going to use the boots for? Depending o use a pair of work boots usually last a while.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I use two pairs of Russian VDV-issue boots. One has winter insulation. Fantastic during the winter.

Only problem is that they're black. But that's what the burlap bags are for I figure. That, and an elastic.

And if you'll be prone, and think that a 'camouflaged boot' is a good idea, make sure the sole is camouflaged as well.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
AK, where do you get your russian issue boots?

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
mal, Cabela's sells a Danner boot made exclusively for them called the Commander for $170. I have a pair that I've worn to work (construction) daily for a few yrs, and their proably the most comfortable and long lasting boots I have. I've tried many, and had the same problem as you(wear out too quick). But like everything else, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Personally, when I go hunting I wear Danner Light II with Gortex. I there rugged and light plus they keep my feet warm. Even better I can get them for cheap because I only live about 20 mins away from their factory store in Portland, OR (Thats when Im back home though). If you're ever in Portland though, you should really check out the Danner Factory Store.

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
AK said:
I picked those up from RedSoldier.com which operates out of Texas. Everything else I have is likely Russian, and likely came from RCG.
Thanks for the links. Intresting stuff.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I'm another one on the Danner wagon... thats my current boot also, had them for a number of years and really like them.

MEL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts