Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
First off we stop typing sentances like "what would i have 2 do 2 get 1 of these rifles".

Second off we need to know what country your from.
If your from the united states , all you've gotta do is pay mel. The rifle (when finished) will be shipped to the closest FFL holder in your aera for an FFL transfer. Should cost anywhere between 10-40 dollars. You then fill out your paperwork to register this firearm in your name, Wait your waiting period (if any), and recieve your firearm.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me via any of my messengers or my email. You may also (of course) contact mel directly at his email or by private message, to discuss the build of your rifle and purchase price and payment and so on and so fowarth.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I would try sending mel a PM, or perhaps looking at the contact info and giving him a call during the day.

btw- just because I am curious, what kind of SC1 are you looking into?

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
spade said:
First off we stop typing sentances like "what would i have 2 do 2 get 1 of these rifles".

Nothing like making a new guy feel welcome huh spade?

As for ordering PM Mel and he can go through the procedure. Rifles can only be shipped to an FFL dealer if you are in the US. For out of US shipments it depends on the country.

Assuming you live in the US you need to find an FFL dealer in your area that will accept shipment. Then order your rifle. Mel will then ship the rifle to the dealer you pick out. The dealer will then do all the paperwork necessary to comply with federal and your state regulations. If you live in Montana you may be able to pick it up from Mel, but you would have to talk to him about that. BTW welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Hey man, lol... i cant let my reputation die ...

:p

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
spade said:
Hey man, lol... i cant let my reputation die ...

:p
:lol:

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Well, I figure this information may be handy for others as well:

The way the process normally works is something like this:

1) You contact me directly, email, pm, or phone all work equally well. I personally prefer email, as it leaves a nice (virtual) paper trail to look back at.

2) We discuss the exact features and options you would like for your rifle package and then settle on the exact price for everything.

3) Once details are worked out, a deposit is sent to us. A 60% deposit gets the rifle completely built. If you are doing the "pay as you go" plan, nothing is built until there is enough money to order the next piece. So it'll take more than 60% to get it finished, and does generally take longer to complete the rifle.

4) when the rifle is complete, we contact you and let you know its done and what the remaining balance is on the rifle.

5) You send payment to us for the remainder of the balance and provide a signed copy of the FFL from the dealer who will be handling your transfer. This is a very common practice and just about any gun shop will handle the transfer for you for a small fee. Usually around $20-$60. They will give you (or send it for you) a signed copy of their FFL to be sent to us here.

6) Once payment and FFL are received, we package the rifle up and send her out to the FFL dealer.

7) The FFL gets the rifle, and calls you up to have you come fill out your 4473 (yellow form) to do the transfer to you.

thats it.

MEL

·
Registered
994 Posts
ekaphoto said:
Nothing like making a new guy feel welcome huh spade?
Although it has been a group effort, Spade stands out amongst the ranks of the Bureau of Mandated Literacy, and has played a vital role in stamping out illiteracy on SniperCentral.com: thoughts are expressed more clearly, posts are well-thought and well-illustrated, people no longer have to fear the neighborhoods they reside in...

Thank you, Spade, and all other agents of the Bureau of Mandated Literacy.

Director Scatch Maroo

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Herr Maroo has it right...We do like to be professional :D

Welcome to the boards dude, and I hope you can swing an SC rifle!

·
Registered
94 Posts
For what's worth, Mel you provide a top notch site here and seem to be well respected. You guys have been extremely helpful in introducing the field to new shooters unlike the likes of ar15.com, glocktalk.com and other sites I consider "opinionated". While I consider myself more of a hunter than a tactical shooter, I do garner the knowledge from this board that helps me learn more about my hobby everyday. You guys have introduced me to talks of Montana, Remington, Nesika actions as well as rifling, barrels, etc. Keep up the good work guys and keep the board a welcome place for the kids out there that want to get into the sport of shooting. Now, do I spend the money on a SC rifle or do I go the cheap route and buy a 700 LTR? :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Honestly,
I have ordered a Sc1A5 complete with scope, and after doing about a years worth of research, it is a truly hard to beat combination that
will last a lifetime and longer. Here is my combo just for your info.

Project: SC1A5 MCS .308
-A5 stock in olive drab with adj. spacer system and black adj. saddle cheek piece.
-#8 contour barrel with 1:10 twist
-All metal work including leupold mark 4 rings is Olive Drab excluding the
Large Tac-Ops Bolt Knob.
-Harris Bi-pod
-Leupold Mark 4 M1 10x40 scope in black.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
MCS, that's going to be one smokin' rifle.

Hunt, thats what I love about this place too. Not opinionated? Well, we all are, we just all have different opinions :lol: But the info here applies to hunters, reloaders, AR lover, pistol guys, history buffs, snipers of course with the focus on long range shooting...and even newbs like you said.

Happy you like it here, stick around! Everyone has something to contribute

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
hunt127588 said:
For what's worth, Mel you provide a top notch site here and seem to be well respected. You guys have been extremely helpful in introducing the field to new shooters unlike the likes of ar15.com, glocktalk.com and other sites I consider "opinionated". While I consider myself more of a hunter than a tactical shooter, I do garner the knowledge from this board that helps me learn more about my hobby everyday. You guys have introduced me to talks of Montana, Remington, Nesika actions as well as rifling, barrels, etc. Keep up the good work guys and keep the board a welcome place for the kids out there that want to get into the sport of shooting. Now, do I spend the money on a SC rifle or do I go the cheap route and buy a 700 LTR? :)
Thanks!!! I truly appreciate the kind remarks about the site and the forums. Please do stick around, there is lots more stuff coming down the pipe!

In terms of the LTR, they are a very good rifle and should serve you well. Whether SC1 or LTR, we can help you out either way.

MEL

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Just the humble observations of Muzz, but...Mel is right on the LTR, and even if you trick it out or spend a lot on a custom long range rifle like I am...Every time you see an SC, you're still gonna feel like watching that first crush you ever had and couldn't hook up with.

*sigh*

:lol:

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
If you ask me, I think Mel has a sleeping gian here with his SC series rifles. A Remington 700 Action is hard to beat and his prices are very resonable as well. I was so impressed about what I had read and what I had seen that I asked this man to build me one! After looking at a couple of different manufacturers, I decided to have Mel build me one because a .5 MOA guarantee with factory ammo is awesome! And since Mel is also a former Army Sniper, that carries alot of weight with me. He is very quick to respond with any information VIA E-mail and he is very knowledgeable and kind, I can't say the same thing about alot of the other websites out there. So you're doing a real knock up job Mel!! I will not have my rifle in a while so I will be waiting very eagerly to wait and see what Sniper Centrals finished product will be like in the flesh. Incidentaly this is what I am having built for those of you who are curious.

SC1 Series Rifle Speced out as close as possible to the M40A1
.308 Winchester
"24 #7 Contour 1:10 twist barell
No bolt knob
Tubb Recoil Lug
Shilen Trigger
Williams Steel Trigger Guard
Pillar Bedding
McMillan A1 HTG stock in Forest Cammo. 8) :wink:

Respectfully,
Tyler Consugar

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Thanks for the kind remarks Shuggerz.

FYI - Action has been stripped and all truing and lapping will be done this week. We'll probably get the barrel in two weeks (next week I am in California for family vacation) and we'll get the barreled action all together then so we are just waiting for the stock. It'll be a fun rifle to build! (well, then again, they all are!)

MEL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts