Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

She is a stray that we decided to take in since she love to sit on the other side of the fence from our dogs and comes to visit just about every day. She has been spayed (spay tattoo on underside) and seems to be only a few months old (dumb puppy attitude). We can only guess that someone brought it home and couldnt care for her (she has ALOT of energy). She is microchipped, but that only led us to the Austin SPCA which had no info on her.
We think she is part bloodhound (face) and part Rottweiler (color & build). Im thinking of keeping her if I can train her. She seems like she would make an excellent hunting dog.

·
Registered
299 Posts
yup bure bread blood hound (and like said before this is a typical hound coloration)

and these pups are selling for $600 each. the bloodhound is a HARD dog to train, but that lab or pit would make things a LOT better. probably going to be a reallll good dog

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
It looks like a Black and Tan coonhound mix.

This is my old Black and Tan (the dog on the left):

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
She's screaming Lab mix, could be rott, blood, or doberman, but she's a heavy percentage of black lab, no doubt about that. The face is a dead giveaway, specifically the eyes, jawline and ears. Whatever she's mixed with she has beautiful color, and looks to be very healthy. I'll bet she's a water dog.

Rigger

·
Registered
84 Posts
I think you guys got the lab mix right...

Lab and Black & Tan coonhound mix to be exact...I used to raise and train Black & Tans, darn good dogs, cold nosed as a bloodhound and quite a bit faster moving.

I don't have pictures on my laptop or I'd show them...mine were UKC and PKC champions....the real deal coon hounds. I also had 4 that were trained for bear...they would stay treed for 3 days if that's how long it took me to get there, and they knew no fear...from ANYTHING.

Good dogs...

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
This is going to sound stupid. However, if you really want to know you can have a DNA test done. I don't think it's needed. I have only heard of people doing the test, don't know any one who has done it.

Jamie

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
beck.jamie said:
This is going to sound stupid. However, if you really want to know you can have a DNA test done. I don't think it's needed. I have only heard of people doing the test, don't know any one who has done it.

Jamie
That could be done and results would tell you alot. However most of the DNA testing done for K9s is about find lineage and ensuring the bloodline is correct. I don't know how much intel about a mixed breed could be gathered like this.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts