Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
It's not really "tactical", but during my Philmont trek, my Kelty pack served me well.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Blackhawk 3-day assault pack. I use it for hunting, shooting, and school.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Has anyone tried the TAG Sniper pack? I have one and it's great! It's a little bigger than some packs but it's bombproof and has all the attachment points one could want. It has one big ass compartment and a slimmer compartment. It also has straps and butt-pouch for carrying an M4. There are two hydration pouches, on in the back and one on the side to offset the weight of the M4. It also has a removable rifle rest. I have found that the rest fits the forend of my AI perfectly.

I also used the Camelbak Talon. Great storage and usable amount of "orginizational" space. However, I didn't like all the buckles on it.

If anyone else has used either of these, hook a brother up with some feedback!

STAY LOW, STAY ALIVE

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hey Guys,
Unfortunately, I'm too poor to afford a Kifaru, so I use an Eberlestock Gunslinger, at the moment, with a ton of pouches attached to the MOLLE/PALS. The pack is Coyote Brown, and the pouches are primarily Multicam and Coyote Brown from a variety of makers; Esstac, Eagle, Emdom, Tactical Tailor, and ICE to name a few.
I can't believe how many years a worked with the issued ALICE gear. The MOLLE is MUCH MUCH MUCH better and more secure. With Alice gear, you had to dummy cord everything with 550 cord, or risk losing it in the field. The clips were a great source of hot spots, and outright abraded skin and clothing( I still have scars), while only being partially secure, rusting, and did I mention opening and falling off or dropping gear? No worries with the PALs hooked up. ;)
Respectfully,
Harry

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I currently use Spec-Ops the Pack, but have been looking hard at switching to either Kifaru or to Eberlstock - phantom.

JeffVN

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
aixelsid1002 that is one whale of a diaper bag. I like the color though.

·
Premium Member
5,799 Posts
I use the Alice and the Mollie packs. Just depends on what im doing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
In my opinoin, if i was going to be going out on a hump myself, i would not carry half the junk the marine corps made me carry.
There fore i would choose the smallest pack i could still fit just the nesecitys in.
But if you are stil in you dont have a choice in what pack your going to hump with. your going to use what they give you, So it dosent really matter.i have one of the new paks the corps is using i managed to "aquire" a ton of gear,if any body is looking for gear let me know. but what i was getting at, that thing is way to big comfortable yes but huge.
Light is quick and accurate.no need to bring everthing you have just cause you have it.
But...... thats just my 2cents

·
Registered
27 Posts
I love my walmart special.
Im actually not sure what it is because I seem to obsessively remove all the identifying marks from everything I own.

Its black its comfortable its fairly sturdy and most important, it gets the job done.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Usually I am staying out weeks at the time where I carry with me all that I need myself. This is the best hard core pack I have come across:

Norrona Recon Pack Synkroflex 125 liter

Olsson[/url]

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Kramerica said:
Whats the difference between Alice and Molle?
ALICE stands for All-Purpose Lightweight Individual Carrying Equipment. It was adopted at the end of the Vietnam War. You can find ALICE gear in every surplus store in America. ALICE packs are often referred to as the "big green tick" due to them being large, roundish and of course, green.

MOLLE (pronounced like "Molly" by the way), stands for MOdular Lightweight Load-carrying Equipment. MOLLE actually refers to the pouches and whatnot, and not the LBE (Load Bearing Equipment) itself. In order for LBE to accept MOLLE gear, it must have PALS webbing. PALS stands for Pouch Attachment Ladder System. PALS is what makes MOLLE gear and compatible LBE stand out, as it's all the webbing that is sewn onto the outside.

MOLLE compatible gear is gradually replacing ALICE gear, as a lot of military issue LBE these days is coming equipped with PALS webbing, such as Interceptor armor vests for example. However, there's still a lot of ALICE stuff to be found and some of it remains popular, namely the LC-2 pistol belt and belt pouches for use in securing one's line one and two equipment.

·
Registered
505 Posts
You should check out his 2A forum.. it's chock full of related information, and a LOT of other very useful info.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I live by Tactical Tailor, And best of all is the lifetime warrenty on most products, The guys that own the place are both old snipers and have SF background. When I was stationed at Ft. Lewis the store was less then a mile off base, I must have spent 10,000 there over six years or so, and still go to them for gear... now I will say that they can get expensive and over prive some products but the quality is what you are getting in exchange. Check them out on the web

www.tacticaltailor.com

And if you have anyquestions or want some advice just give them a call, these guys know what they are talking about....

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey Recoil, you wouldn't happen by chance to have an MMR would you? I'm torn between that and the new Eberlestock M3 Operator, seriously cant make up my mind yet. The Eberlestock's advantage to me is that the rifle can be carried and accessible yet inside a compartment, but the MMR has only exterior options. I've felt how comfortable a Kifaru can be, so I'd have to say that right now, I'm leaning more towards Kifaru. It's a hard choice though.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts