Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have $185 to spend on a 20 MOA and 30mm rings do you recommend? Im looking at TPS for both mount and rings for around $150ish. Does anyone have these that could help me out? I wish I could afford Night force gear for my 700 but its not in the cards.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I have been using TPS rings and like them. They seem to be very good quality for the price.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Get a good base and economize on the rings if you need to. A premium set of rings won't perform well on a sub standard base.

I kind of like the Ken Farrell bases. A 20 MOA will set you back around $120. There are other bases out there that will do well with most of the good ones running from $90-$125.

You can upgrade the rings at a later date (when the wallet has refilled) at a later date if necessary.

·
Registered
7 Posts
+1 for the Farrell 20 MOA base. Super quality and set-up to be perfectly bedded. Look into a set of Burris Signature Z rings. I have a set holding an 8-32X56 Sightron on a 300RUM and they have worked great. I have been planning to get a set of " higher quality rings " for the RUM but as of yet there is no need.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts