Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Bead Drawer said:
P.S. Good God, check out the guy with the suppressed M82A1, yikes. :shock:
Anyone know why the LA Sheriff's Department would need a 50BMG, much less with a silencer? I imagine the moment you shoot it, whoever you're shooting at is going to get the hint.

Scatch Maroo

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Scatch Maroo said:
[quote="Bead Drawer":hwvz0ag8]
Anyone know why the LA Sheriff's Department would need a 50BMG, much less with a silencer? I imagine the moment you shoot it, whoever you're shooting at is going to get the hint.

Scatch Maroo[/quote:hwvz0ag8]

For counter sniping the criminals with 50 BMG rifles. After all it is such a problem in CA they made 50 BMG rifles illegal starting jan 1 of this year. On new years eve I was at a party and a guy celebrated the new law by firing his 50 bmg off at midnight.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
anyone know which Leupold that is? Or at least what objective lense size?
The objective definately looks to be a 40mm. This leads me to believe it is the MkIV 3.5-10x40. But I may be wrong.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what I was thinking as well APK, thanks.

Anybody have a guestimate on that barrel contour?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Scatch Maroo said:
[quote="Bead Drawer":162ucpvo]

Scatch Maroo[/quote:162ucpvo]

Because firing off a .50BMG with a muzzle break like that on the 82A1 will scare the living crap out of all the panzy @zz's in california :p . Not to mention it would be a good thing not to make people deaf. Not every one can wear hearing protection. Now as to why they would need a .50BMG in the first place? They dont want a repeat of the mid 90's L.A. shoot out where the two robbers had more firepower than the dang SWAT team! :p

AAAHHH you think some kevlar will save you eeehhh russian imagrant robber person? Eat my 671 grains of love! :twisted: BBOOOOMMM!!!

The Rifleman

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
American Rifleman said:
AAAHHH you think some kevlar will save you eeehhh russian imagrant robber person? Eat my 671 grains of love! :twisted: BBOOOOMMM!!!
Does anyone besides me remember the "Sledge Hammer" TV sitcom? The situation and quote above would have made a great scene.... :lol:

MEL

·
Registered
140 Posts
Trunk: You couldn't resist it, could you, Hammer? You just couldn't resist blowing up a building on your way to work this morning, could you Hammer?!
Hammer: Look. The only way to fight criminals is to be, you know, wilder than they are! (makes whistling missile and explosion noise)

Mayor: I don't care what methods you use, Hammer. Just bring back my daughter.
Hammer: I will, sir, dead or alive.
Mayor: (shocked) But the point is to bring her back alive, Hammer.
Hammer: Oh, right. No, alive. Of course. Did I say dead? No, no. I don't know where my head is at.

Hammer: Okay, ladies. go wait in the john.
Kruggle: (stuttering) They... uh... they... uh... don't speak English.
Hammer: (repeats phrase in Swedish with subtitles saying "O.K. ladies, wait in the john.")
Kruggle: (amazed) You spoke perfect Swedish!
Hammer: Those are the only words I know.

:lol:

The Rifleman

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Now you guys are killing me!!

I have season one on DVD, I hear season two (final season I believe) just came out on DVD.

MEL

·
Registered
140 Posts
What should i look at paying for both seasons on DVD? Every where i look ( local stores ) i either cant find it or its real expensive. $95 for season 1 :shock: . Is $95 or so per season on DVD normal?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts