·
Registered
2,946 Posts
that my dear soldiers is our new........very powerful......nuclear hand grenade

dom

·
Registered
152 Posts
Ok, im going to make up a lil story to make it look like i have all mads wisdom,

its a paintball style grenade, designed to take out a unit of paintballers:O

nah but really though imagine what taht would be like if it was haha.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
itd be like putting 10lb of C4 into a paint can :lol:

dom

·
Registered
4,795 Posts
Some sort of an AT grenade possably? He has another hanging from his belt.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

I can't remember what its called, RAW, or something.

It is fired off by a blank, which ignites a little rocket motor, sending it out to 200m's accurately, but I think it can go over a km... It's supposed to mushroom on impact, a bit like HESH, and blow away bunkers.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
re

I'm more a fan of rifle grenades than under slung grenade launchers, they are bigger and pack more explosives, and any rifleman can use them. On the down side, they pack a lot of recoil, and in Brit army tests about 1/3 fired only went about 20m's lol, duds.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
It was something called the RAW--Rifleman's Assault Weapon. It was a special spin-stabilized grenade made by the Brunswick Corporation.

The grenade was designed to be launched with ordinary ball ammo. The soldier would aim his weapon at the target and fire a ball round. The bullet would head off towards the target and the grenade would arrive shortly thereafter.

I can't remember how they coordinated the trajectory of the grenade and the bullet.

Check it out: http://www.angelfire.com/art/enchanter/rpg.html

Mad.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
jc71corvette said:
I just love those shorter cap mags, looks better IMO. heh
20 round mags. Pretty standard during issue during the 60's and 70's in Vietnam, from what I understand anyway. Of course, you can also get 10 round mags, if that's your thing too. Oh, and another thing....the M-16 had a cyclic rate of fire of about 800 rounds per minute (err....750 - 900). They burn those mags up in a little under 2 seconds on rock and roll. Still like that idea? :)

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
12twist said:
Oh, and another thing....the M-16 had a cyclic rate of fire of about 800 rounds per minute (err....750 - 900). They burn those mags up in a little under 2 seconds on rock and roll. Still like that idea? :)
So long as it gets the enemy head banging. :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Yimmy said:
So long as it gets the enemy head banging. :wink:
Contrary to popular belief, heads did bang. Oh yes, they did. :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts