Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting a watch that will read all of these things. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I were to get something like that I would need a way to record the wind at the target. I am about as new as it gets to reading the wind. This way I could check and see it my guess was right or wrong.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
How much money do you want to spend?
There are Wi Fi enabled home weather stations.
If you are shooting at a known distance facility or a fancy home range you could go that far with it.
Place a wind sock like you see at airports or helipad or at chemical facilities downrange.
Surplus Remove Before Flight red tags for aviation ordnance are cool range wind indicators.
Having flags at your position and downrange along with a Kestrel will allow you to compare.

Experience will be the best teacher.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to learn to read off the marage. I was thinking if I know the actual wind speed at the target then I could get the experience of judging the wind. I will be shooting mostly at a private range. This is where I will do all of my testing for ballistic charts. I can set up a flag but how accurate is that? I am still guessing the angle of the flag.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking about 300 for the watch. I only brought up wind because of the Kestrel 4000NV.

·
Registered
169 Posts
That was my thought too, Orakan. Thanks for confirming

·
Registered
270 Posts
Orkan do you have any video reviews of the kestrel with ballistics program on your site? I have AB on my phone but would be nice to have in the kestrel. My questions are is the programming the same and as simple as the phone app? and does it take the data readings and produce a shot solution based on the data it reads? (IE wind, temp pressure etc.)

Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
6,268 Posts
Pretty sure they go away and need reset.... but I haven't changed the batteries in my kestrel 4000NV for 2 years or more. ... so I'm not sure. lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts