Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What went wrong in this person's life that led them down such a horrible road? I almost felt obligated to get out at the red light and tell them that everything will be okay. They just need to change their ways and ask for forgiveness. :lol:


Hillary AND Obama :?:

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,375 Posts
Well whbonney I guess you dont have Hope for Obama, nor does anyone with common sence. It makes you want to go slap this on their vehical.


Well I'm not exactly excited about McCain but...he's all we got.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,376 Posts
SFCowboy said:
Well I'm not exactly excited about McCain but...he's all we got.
He's just as big of a jack*** as the rest of him. I think that individual in the green jeep has gone astray somewhere.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,375 Posts
ogre said:
SFCowboy said:
Well I'm not exactly excited about McCain but...he's all we got.

He's not for us, so he can't be all we got. There's better choices, people just have to learn to vote for something besides the normal (R) or (D).
Ah no...he's all we have. You know of any others??? That are presidential canidates???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,376 Posts
SFCowboy said:
Ah no...he's all we have. You know of any others??? That are presidential canidates???
Don't think this worm is any friend to gunowners or the American people. He cares NOTHING for you or anyone else which has been proven time and again. Hes a career politician that will say anything to get elected. People need to focus more energy on their Congress then their President. Vote for someone who will be a exemplary leader and not just someone who is a flavor of the week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
sure there are plenty of independents, Ron Paul for example. By the by I am a Ron Paul supporter, but I'm not 18 so i can't vote.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,376 Posts
Jamo said:
sure there are plenty of independents, Ron Paul for example. By the by I am a Ron Paul supporter, but I'm not 18 so i can't vote.
I would not call him an independent, but a REAL Republican and a man who follows and embraces our Constitution. john McCain is nothing more then a RINO (republican in name only). Hope you do not take this as an attack SF, it's not. You vote for whomever you want, just know you are voting for the same ole same ole. People got to start putting their foot down instead of voting for this lessser of two evils crap. This is one of the MANY reasons we are in the quagmire that we have.

jamo, that is good to know. It's a good thing his message has struck a cord with you, and I hope it does more younger people in the future. I know it has with me.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is lots of talk about writing in Ron Paul but I wonder if that would be doing the right thing. I would vote for Ron Paul hands down but im afraid that if I write him in there wont be enough others who do that to make a real push. If that is the case then it would be taking votes and giving them to Obama. McCain is a snake also but he may not be as poisonous as Obama.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,539 Posts
whbonney26 said:
There is lots of talk about writing in Ron Paul but I wonder if that would be doing the right thing. I would vote for Ron Paul hands down but im afraid that if I write him in there wont be enough others who do that to make a real push.
It doesn't matter. You're supposed to vote for whom you feel should run the country, and not worry about who's votes are stolen from whom. Ron Paul may not get enough votes to win, but he may get enough to send a message, a message that would be heard in 2012
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,376 Posts
ogre said:
It doesn't matter. You're supposed to vote for whom you feel should run the country, and not worry about who's votes are stolen from whom. Ron Paul may not get enough votes to win, but he may get enough to send a message, a message that would be heard in 2012
Well said. Voting for the lesser of two evils is still voting for evil, and I no longer am going to be part of that mentality.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,821 Posts
It's all well and good to like Ron Paul, I like him too, I'd have him over for dinner if he wanted to come. The fact of the matter is there are two and only two realistic choices for president. Second amendment aside for a moment, when our country is attacked again, maybe worse than 911, do you want Obama holding hands with his buddies and singing Kumbaya or do you want McCain who had been in the crap and lived to talk about it? Do you want the neighborhood organizer from Chicago or the steely eyed naval aviator? Do you want a completely untested fellow or one who had to survive the Hanoi Hilton and actually thrived after that nightmare. You choose because one of those guys will be the next president and if you vote for Ron Paul you aren't taking a vote away from Obama you are taking one away from McCain.

That = sticker on the back of that Jeep is a homosexual activist sticker by the way, no wonder they like Hillary.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,539 Posts
Honestly, I think either one of them may jump the gun and make some bad calls if a need to go to war happened. In no way am I defending Obama, but he's the same guy that said we need to take Iran, Afghanistan, and Pakistan more seriously. To an extent, he may be right, but only to an extent (I honestly believe dicking with Iraq when we did wasn't a smart move when we had unfinished business in Afghanistan and Pakistan). All McCain wants to do is worry about Iraq and flex muscles to all the other countries out there. I don't see him being steely eyed at all. I see him being a bit of a war monger.

Personally, I prefer we be a bit more of an isolationist nation, and quit screwing around with finicky countries. We've meddled in the Middle East for so long, it seems like everyday, our list of allies and enemies changes. One day we're giving Iran F14s, the next we're drawing up war plans. One day we're trying to buy a Russian tank from Saddam's son's, the next we have them holed up in a building in Baghdad and pummel it with rockets. One day we sell rockets to guerrilla fighters in Afghanistan to fend off the Russians, and the next we're worried about them shooting down our aircraft and tripping over mines that were layed 20 years ago. One day Uzebekistan loves us, and the next we have to shut our base down. One day we're flying in and out of Kyrgizstan for cheap, and the next, China and Russia are threating Kyrg due to their involvement with us, so they raise the price we have to pay to use our base there. Do you know how much Germany charges us if we medivac an injured troop into Landstuhl/Ramstein after midnight?! Do you know the restriction Turkey places on us in regards to OIF for using our bases in Turkey? Hardly our friends. And we'll never be any Muslim nation's best friend if we keep aiding Israel. We can't make friends without making enemies. Aiding Poland and Georgia is doing nothing more than poking a stick at the Bear. And God know's they'll love us today, and hate us tomorrow.

I don't like what either one of the leading candidates thinks about international policy. We need to quit screwin around with everyone else and worry about us, our economy, our laws, and our borders before we can have any right to tell anyone else what to do.

http://www.snipercentral.com/forums/vie ... ht=stewart

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index ... d-billions
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
213 Posts
I should clarify that when i called Ron Paul a independent because he's not the republican candidate. It's really unfortunate that a good percentage of people just vote depending on party, which is possibly the stupidest thing that anyone has every done, if it happens that you always vote democrat or republican because you always agree with there opinions then fine, but voting for the because their republican rather than because you agree with them is RETARDED. If you think that McCain is a stupid ass then don't vote for him, vote for Ron Paul, or whoever, you think will be the best for the country.

Back before the primaries, I remember that Jon Stewart was actual a candidate, and i remember that i thought he would, compared to most of the candidates, be a better president.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just dont agree. I love nearly everything Ron Paul says but I feel voting for him now as a write in is irresponsible because there will not be enough people who do that to really make a difference. I dont agree with ANYTHING I have heard come out of Obama's mouth but do agree with some of the things McCain says. None of them are perfect but I feel that a vote for Paul may as well be a vote for Obama because Obama has his supporters even if they dont know why they are voting other than that mystery "change"

I would love to vote for Ron Paul and may end up doing just that. I am just on the fence because I dont think he has a real chance now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,539 Posts
Jamo said:
I should clarify that when i called Ron Paul a independent because he's not the republican candidate. It's really unfortunate that a good percentage of people just vote depending on party, which is possibly the stupidest thing that anyone has every done, if it happens that you always vote democrat or republican because you always agree with there opinions then fine, but voting for the because their republican rather than because you agree with them is RETARDED. If you think that McCain is a stupid :) then don't vote for him, vote for Ron Paul, or whoever, you think will be the best for the country.

Back before the primaries, I remember that Jon Stewart was actual a candidate, and i remember that i thought he would, compared to most of the candidates, be a better president.

I thought it was Stephen Colbert. Was Jon Stewart?

And The reason Ron Paul is not an independent is because he is still a Republican Congressman in Texas. Hence the reason he is not running as a Libertarian or Independent for President. If I remember correctly, the Libertarian Party wanted RP, but he still had an obligation as a Republican Congressman, so they got Bob Barr.

whbonney26 said:
I would love to vote for Ron Paul and may end up doing just that. I am just on the fence because I dont think he has a real chance now.
Wouldn't that logic be the reason he doesn't have a chance?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,821 Posts
The only way there will be a candidate that agrees with all my views will be if I run, and I'm not electable because I say the f-word too much. So, I have to screen the VIABLE candidates and select the one who most closely matches my convictions. I can say that Obama has no views that are close to mine.

I have a son who is a Marine and my god-son is going into the corp very soon. I don't want those boys' lives in Obama's hands. He has said he will cut military funding and will call a halt to all new military project. My son is riding around in an armored amphibious vehicle that was designed during vietnam. Obama voted as a state senator to have handguns banned and for homeowners to not be allowed to protect themselves in their own homes. The man is a menace and this time boys, it's very important to keep the bad guy out of office.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,539 Posts
oneeyedmac said:
The only way there will be a candidate that agrees with all my views will be if I run, and I'm not electable because I say the f-word too much. So, I have to screen the VIABLE candidates and select the one who most closely matches my convictions. I can say that Obama has no views that are close to mine.

I have a son who is a Marine and my god-son is going into the corp very soon. I don't want those boys' lives in Obama's hands. He has said he will cut military funding and will call a halt to all new military project. My son is riding around in an armored amphibious vehicle that was designed during vietnam. Obama voted as a state senator to have handguns banned and for homeowners to not be allowed to protect themselves in their own homes. The man is a menace and this time boys, it's very important to keep the bad guy out of office.

I agree with the Obama stuff, but remember, McCain will have your troops not only running around Iraq, but every other country in the known world as well. And granted he'll want to spend all the money he can on the military, but when they're maxed out, spread thin, and money runs tight, your boys won't be getting the best gear, equipment, and training. Thank God I'm getting out! When my temp desk job is up (coincidentally the same time my enlistment is up), I would end up going back to my old job, and with either one of these two yahoo's in office, I'd never be home.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,333 Posts
So, if the choice were between Stalin, and Hitler, who would be the lesser of two evils there? :roll: Honestly, this "lesser of two evils," and "viable candidate" crap is exactly why our two major party candidates are completely worthless, grow a backbone and vote for who you truely believe should be President, whether they can win or not, at least you voted for the right guy, whoever that may be.

It's like saying "gee, I really like this Thomas Jefferson guy, but he cant possibly win, I guess I'll vote for Hamilton, I don't really agree with him and think he'll take the country in the wrong direction, but hey, he can win."

Oh, and this whole "taking a vote from McCain," thing is total BS that assumes that he ever had my vote to begin with. Don't blame me and my well informed honest vote when the sheep elect Obama. If you guys want to line up with the rest of the Lemmings and pick the "lesser of two evils" that's up to you, I'll be voting my conscience.

Rigger
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top