Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...I bet your wondering what the hell im doin back from bootcamp..they kicked me out...thats kinda a long story..hahaha its funny tho..but any how...Im building a system for my car...Are Jl subs good?...What kinda subs are pretty good for the cash...and what kinda amp is good for not alot of money. Thanks everyone

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Olson,

Hum, I remember we gave you some fair warning.... I hope it wasn't associated with a dishonorable discharge?

MEL

·
Registered
448 Posts
I'm trying to figure out what stereo speakers has to do with a "Do it yourself" forum on the board.

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
badshot:
I'm trying to figure out what stereo speakers has to do with a "Do it yourself" forum on the board.
:lol:

Mel: I don't think he was refering to 'bootcamp' as most of us would associate. I believe (correct me if I am wrong), that it was more of a private school type 'bootcamp', not the real thing.

·
Registered
152 Posts
APK-223 said:
badshot:
Mel: I don't think he was refering to 'bootcamp' as most of us would associate. I believe (correct me if I am wrong), that it was more of a private school type 'bootcamp', not the real thing.
something more along the lines of "pretend army summercamp"

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Oh, yeah, pretend army summer camp!

I used to call that "Working for my dad". He missed his true calling as a DI.

Ah, everyone thought it was the real deal though, about Olson. So did I for a while.

But dude...Pawn Shop.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Find yourself some Kicker "Solo Barics" and if you look for some MTX Thunder amplifiers you should be able to annoy people down two or three city blocks with your car.

The MTX thunder series were a series that was truly superb but was licensed to different companies and to be honest I don't know what happened after that. But you should be able to find them pretty inexpensive now at any pawshop, flea market or electronics store.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man...uhh..ill have like 300 bucks cash from all the body work i been doin to this truck... are pioneers good?? the newest 12s they got out..this dude wants to sell me the newest 12s they got out..2 12s..an amp a sub box and a cd player for 150 bucks..its all like new..and no it isnt stolen he showed me th recept

·
Registered
522 Posts
olson said:
Thanks man...uhh..ill have like 300 bucks cash from all the body work i been doin to this truck... are pioneers good?? the newest 12s they got out..this dude wants to sell me the newest 12s they got out..2 12s..an amp a sub box and a cd player for 150 bucks..its all like new..and no it isnt stolen he showed me th recept
Pioneer excels at making head units....not so much at speakers. However if you have a decent head unit and a decent amplifier you will be able to create some nice sound.

Make sure you customize your system to your music type of choice. For example if you listen to a lot of dance/electronica, you might consider capping your tweeters and even perhaps your mids.

Another thing to consider is putting those bad boys in a "correctly" made closed box. A closed box will give you crisp bass and better quality sound. A ported box will give you more "felt sound" and could sound louder however it will not sound as good, at least not to the trained ear.

I recently found out that MTX is still in business however I did not find if they are they were bought up or what happened to their previous designs.

Audio technology is lots of fun! I love music and inherently got into the specifics of good sound in the home. But since I don't spend much time at home and are always on the go.....naturally I got into car audio.

If you have any more questions, I will gladly help with whatever I can.

Good luck man.

8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts