Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

321 - 340 of 361 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Finally out of the city and visiting my home town. Wetn shooting today at one of my favorite spots.

“The Hide”
200 yard view of where I'll be shooting from.

“View from the top”
The ridge at the back of the pit is 480 yards. It's a beautiful view.

“All set up”
700, NF, and AMAXs. All a man needs.

I put steel at 300, 400, and 480 yards and spent the day shooting. Most fun I've had all year.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
An in-between-class session with my shooting buddy-forgive the ridiculous optics, the elder Savage sister was going through a rough period of transition (and still is). I was just really itchy to shoot...

Pumice fields make an excellent berm

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Sapper, that looks like God's country! You are making me homesick. Feel free to post more pictures.

·
Registered
656 Posts
shane4639 said:
Sapper, that looks like God's country! You are making me homesick. Feel free to post more pictures.
Took this one not long after sunrise one morning out Elk hunting on Shefoot Mtn. Had to leave at 0300 to get up there for sunrise. This morning specifically is the reason I built my Edge ... NICE 6 point bull but was at 1080 yards. With my bum leg I can't go put a creep on um anymore.

Another morning setup across the draw from a nice game trail, was hoping to catch the morning commute during whitetail season ... the fog had other ideas

Fog started to burn off some but I called it a day ...

·
Registered
101 Posts
This is my little long range area 300yds to the tree line in the middle of the pic and there are 7 knock down targets and a 5in swinging plate backed by a pond back stop.

This is 680yds to the back stop of woods

This is my 50yd rannge for pistols or just all around plinking(there are a bunch of targets out there)

This was when I first decided to get back into shooting after about 10yrs so the targets were all negleted but they are nicer now

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I live up a exceptionally remote inlet up the B.C. coast. The inlet is a mile and a half wide so I just take a boat out and drop weighted balloons in the water every 100 yards out to as far as I want and shoot at them.

This is the only picture that I can find, doesn't really do it justice.
range.jpg

·
Registered
432 Posts
Milan Rifle Club. Love it. one of the few long distance rifle ranges in the midwest, as well as indoor pistol and outdoor bench rest. we even have our own 'hogans alley' wild west style town built at the end of the service road that runs through our club.

-Paulus

321 - 340 of 361 Posts