Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not gun related I'm affraid, but a photo I got recently which I thought I would put up. Not great quality, had to use the digi camera as you cant take the photo out of the frame to put througha scanner.

You can't fail to find me, with my infamous skin colouring I look like a friggin ghost! Hence the nicknames Bloodless, and Von Flinthoffen. :lol:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
re

Nah, front rank guys tend to be the seniors.
I am second to last row, far left.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
I thought it was some kind of new "see through" translucent suit. Turns out Yimmy is see through, thats all :p

Just kiddin, Yim. nice pic

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
the human flash bang? ;) they throw you through the door first then storm it???
must dq you from being infantry... give away your position on night ops ;)

just kiddin with ya Yimmy

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
re

lol, believe me, I have got used to people taking the piss!
I have been to Turkey, Portugal and the likes and still come back white, I am as close as you can get to albino without actually being it; doesn't bother me though.

You actually have a point about night ops; I have to use **** loads of cam paint and/or a scrim face net.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Aye feel for you, and am in the same boat. I'm about as white as they come. I'm either white, or red (from sun burn), I don't think its physically possible for me to tan....

Camo paint is always a problem... I have gone to strickly tube instead of the "compac" setups. Always wear gloves because its easy....

MEL

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Guess I must hav estole all your tanning ability, I never burn even though I am pretty fair skinned, just a little red, and then brown the next day.

·
Registered
266 Posts
mlammers said:
Guess I must hav estole all your tanning ability, I never burn even though I am pretty fair skinned, just a little red, and then brown the next day.
same here

·
Registered
314 Posts
Mel im surprised... you were raised in SoCal and u cant tan? (unusual) and a little off topic, in the last 2 weeks, SoCal has rained non stop (again unusual)

·
Registered
222 Posts
Just look how much it rained where I live in So Cal!!!!!!

If it wasn't for those washes my new address would be The Pacific Ocean.

·
Registered
383 Posts
mele said:
Aye feel for you, and am in the same boat. I'm about as white as they come. I'm either white, or red (from sun burn), I don't think its physically possible for me to tan....

MEL
Better not let Mel and Sub out at the same time, we might blind people. Heaven forbid we goto the range together with yimmy bad things might happen.

I'm from Texas, born and raised and live, I burn, burn, burn, burn- TAN. A little. I have ceased caring about my complection.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Yeah, that picture above is exactly what CA looked like when I was down there for the holidays! Man it rained a lot then, and it hasn't stopped. Which reminds me that I need to call my parents and be sure they still have a home.

Yeah, its odd for a Californian to not tan... must be why I like it so much better up here in Montana... I fit in better :D My snow camo is fantastic!

MEL

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
re

Funny thing is, it can be just as easy to see a black African as it is to see an extra white European in the dark.
The black skin actually reflects light well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hey, we might be on to something here. I am also a very light skinned guy, grew up surfing in Florida (burn, burn, burn...peel), and quit worrying about my complection after I got the first skin cancer cut out. Sun can't get ya with your ghillie on :)

TOPO-sniper

1 - 20 of 21 Posts