Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in need of a decent binocular for hunting and sightseeing mostly in the dakotas and minnesota. I was thinking 12x nikon action binocs. for around 100$ but i'm curious if there are any others i should consider. I dont have a spotting scope or any other optics other then rifle scopes.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
you get what u pay for.... quality last a lifetime. just my thought.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Why not go for a monolcular, the one lense is cheaper, and you mostly only see with your dominant eye anyway.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
yimmy has a good point - if space and weight are a concern, a monocular is a good choice to make. plus it is only natural to focus with the dominant eye anyways... good point yimmy. no matter what, USAlx50, you need to tell us what you bought and how well it worked so we can know... always good to know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't bought anything yet as hunting season hasn't started but i had 12x and 16x nikon action and pentax binoc's outside comparing and both seemed very nice and clear, 16x would be sweet but kind of hard to keep steady just holding. Will update later on thanks. both of these go for around 130$.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Opticron is one brand where you pay for the actualy optics - and not the name. Don't know how the prices are in the US. But here they're quite decent.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
USAlx50

Well, whenit comes to optics, I believe its a wiiiiise choice to get thebestthing you can possibly afford. I myself ordered a pair of Steiner 8x30 Military/Marine binocularsNo money for shipping, $190 is the FINAL price.from www.opticsplanet.com and its the best $190 I have EVER spent. The Binos are great for me to spot my holes on Shoot n See's out to 300 yards when my dad is using the spotting scope for his benchrest targets and even though they are only 8x magnification, they are quite adequate. I got these because they are stowable which I was looking for when putting them in my Ruck, and they are rugged and VERY VERY sharp. Look into it and see what you can find out. I wold recommend looking at all the Steiners if you wish. The choice is entirely yours. I went with these because they have a good field record and a German made, there says enough about clarity. The choice is yours boss.

Respectfully,
Tyler Consugar

1 - 7 of 7 Posts