Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Savage 110 Tactical that I wanna put a different stock on. My choices are Boyd's Pro Varmint, which I have 2 of and I really like, Bell and Carlson Target Competition, or MDT Oryx. I thought about a Choate also, but as far as I can find out, currently Choate doesn't make a stock that fits the AICS system. I'm trying to keep the price at $400 and under. Stocky's used to carry the Bell and Carlson, but after the Plandemic hit, they no longer sell the B&C except for what is currently in stock and they are clearing them out, and I've found no other distributors that MIGHT sell the Target Comp for under $400.
As I said, I like the Boyd's and I've both pillar and epoxy bedded them and I love the stocks. But, since the 110 Tactical has a stock with aluminum bedding block, I'd kind of like to stay with a stock that has an internal aluminum chassis. I haven't used an external chassis system, so I don't know if I'd like the Oryx or not.
So, I'd like to hear some of the experiences of other members and try to make a somewhat educated selection. Thanks in advance for your input.
Bob

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have a 110 Tactical 308 in an MDT LSS XL Gen 2 chassis with a MDT Skeleton Rifle Stock V5 and a 6.5CM in an Oryx chassis.
I couldn't be happier. Especially the LSS XL Gen 2 chassis. The adjustability of the MDT Skeleton Rifle Stock V5 is a game changer, especially for moving from prone to positional shooting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update: I decided to go with the Bell and Carlson. It was a bit more than I wanted to spend, but.............Anyway thanks for your input Coach.:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts