• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanna see how many people would compete....

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I'm in. regardless of teh target used.

JeffVN

I can't vote for topo or Badshot, but I can say that they will shoot the target too.

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mel, I would just come out and say "I'll score it" if no one minds shipping their targets off to Canada (if they can't just scan or take a digital pic)....but I wanna compete!!! *sigh* not like I'm gonna be a top scorer anyway tho :p

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
Muzzle,

thanks for the offer, but I would like for you to compete. So for this first one, I'll go ahead and score. Shall we try to get the first match officially posted by the end of this week?

MEL

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'll be more then happy to compete. I'm really glad to hear that you can use a .22LR on those targets. Now we just gotta them in printable (I assume .pdf) format, and get to the range.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
The official rules (target and range) for the 1st postal match will be posted soon. It will probably not be this specific target for the first outing.

MEL

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Mel

I have been turning this around in my noodle for a bit and think a few more rules might be necessary to keep things on an even footing.

First, you should have at least two different classes for shooters. One for .22Lr and one for center fire rifles (you can break this down to .223 and then .308 and bigger) .

There is a significant difference in the size of projectiles for .22 and say a .308 (which can act to significantly increase the margin for error when using a .22, even if shot from 100 yards). For example the target that I posted, required sub roughly 1/2 MOA shooting to make a clean kill without hitting the edge of the target. With a .22, I think the accuracy requirement jumps to something like 7/8 MOA

I would also like to see a prone shooting requirement (bipod and sand sock permitted if you want). I just don't want to see this turn into a benchrest shooting event.

Just my $0.02. Ok, I've got my fire extinguisher ready - let the flaming begin.

JeffVN

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No flaming here, Jeffvn, I'm with ya. Made boo coo sense.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
i agree with you mostly jeffvn but i dont think ive ever seen a rimfire weapon that could do 1/2 moa at 100 yards... i hope that there will be a distance break for those guys shooting 22LR

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm totally in!!!

Mel you just have to wait at least until this Thursday. This is when I will be able to take my SC1A5 home :D :twisted: I have been on a 10 day waiting period which totally sucks and is a complete waste of time.

I agree with Jeff though there should be no benchrest!!!! That should be in it's own category.

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
@Drew

Geez, you at least been able to look at it yet?

Yeah, there will be position restrictions for the competitions, and caliber requirements. The first round is going to be a fairly simple competition to get the bugs worked out and gauge some interest.

MEL

·
Registered
23 Posts
Muzzleblast said:
Just wanna see how many people would compete....
Yes, I'm the one that voted no.
I would, but I just don't see me getting hold of a rifle any time soon.
Well, not under circumstances that I can shoot for competition, anyway. :cry:

Good luck to all you competing though!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Postal comp

Count me in. Depending on timing and when you run the comps would love to have a go! Got a new savage 10FP LE2 so will have to work up some loads quite quick. Will it be open to Sniper Central people or can we try and encorage other members of our clubs. Got one guy in our club with a 22-250 that can very nearly cut one hole at 100yds so maybe as others have suggested seperate cattergories. .22 Rimfire .22 Fullbore, .30 cal and benchrest , just a thought

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Sure could not compete in every one but would try to compete in some of them!!

Agree with jeffvn, need some different classes. Only problem with having so many different classes is right now you may be shooting against yourself :lol: . Agree, need some type of cal. classes, iron sights, scoped, benchrest, prone, offhand, 50yd to ???, timed fire, the list goes on! Lets just start off simple.

How often are the matches?

Lets get this baby rolling!!

·
Registered
994 Posts
I want to play!

Scatch Maroo

1 - 17 of 17 Posts