Rem 700P
Super Sniper 10X
Mark 4 base
Millet rings until I replace them(SOON)
Tactical Intervention sling from Mike Miller. M24 model

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Rock on man. The family that shoots together, stays together. I have been considering a 700P or a mauser based custom for my g/f to begin shooting. I started her off with a custom ruger 10/22 in 17 HMR but will probably move her up to .223. She has issues with recoil and flinching so im trying to bring her up gradually.

Let us know how she (the rifle and the wife) groups.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
you da Man. Few guys have the huevos to hand the wife a tactical rifle - much less have a wife willing to go shoot one. Congratulations

JeffVN

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Good lookin' rig. My wife started shooting shortly after we started dating last year. She doesn't like recoil and even my AR is more than she really likes, although she loves the little Winchester 9422. She's a little scared of my 7MM Rem Mag and is hesitant to agree to even go out once we get our .50 done. I was going to set her up a custom rig for Xmas, but we're saving up for a 2nd honeymoon (the first is a long, sad story). It's really nice to have your wife or gf shoot with you isn't it? Just had to comment on this one; I think it's a good sign if a girl with little or no experience is willing to try this with you. Or has she shot before? Sorry I guess I shouldn't just assume that. Let us know the results.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
nice to go to the range for a date... beats the hell out of shopping
glad i dont have much trouble getting my gf to go to the range with me :)

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
Troy, thats a great looking rifle! I like how it looks with the olive drab cartridge carrier on the butt....Great picture!

Hey Kaz, ever think about building something like an accurized 10/22 for your wife?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Muzzleblast said:
Troy, thats a great looking rifle! I like how it looks with the olive drab cartridge carrier on the butt....Great picture!

Hey Kaz, ever think about building something like an accurized 10/22 for your wife?
I did briefly. There's more options there than I could handle and stay sane I think. Dad has one that I think she tried and kind of liked. Thought I might customize his and let it sort of merge into my collection like his AR15. :lol: I keep mentioning AR's (I hope it's not annoying but it's my favorite design), I hoped she would decide she liked them enough I could build one of those. I know enough about them that I could do a lot of the work myself and make it even more special; you know, "I built this for you" as opposed to "I chose these options for you", but she isn't big on that general style (assault style semi's). I was thinking a caliber that might have less recoil than .223, brake, match barrel, low/med power optics, blah blah... more than she's probably in need of really. Anyway, just wanted to answer, but I might have gotten long winded.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have put 24 rds through it to get the scope zeroed and then start on a decent load for her to shoot. So far I am pleased and thing is working out well with it.

My wife started shooting my 12Ga 870 a couple years ago at some clay pigioens and she really liked that. So then she would make a trip with me to the gun club and set and watch, well she must of got the itch because she asked me if she could try. I was already dialed in at 300yds shooting at 20OZ pepsi bottles so she took aim on the bottles and hit about 10 of them and only using about 12-13 rounds to do it in.

·
Registered
108 Posts
nice wep dude wish my wife wasnt scared to shoot a 22 much less
a big gun happy shootin :D

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
hmmm...Maybe in a heavier rifle (If she doesn't intend to carry it far or in the field) the 223 wouldn't be too intimidating to her, after she learns more with 22lr and if she wants something more capable.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Where can iI get a buttstock shell rig like that? I am actually looking for one without the sling, already have a nice padded sling.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
eagle industries... ebay...

theres already a thread for this somewhere.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
yeah I found it, in misc under sticky. Thanks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts