Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

Windage-MOA....Pellet Rifle

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  jc71corvette 
#1 ·
Wind is a HUGE role in this. I was reading about MOA and windage and have a few questions. Oh and I know how to tell the wind speed. (is that another way of saying wind velocity?) Anyway, it said 1 MOA = 1 inches at 100 meters. What does that mean? What do I do? I dunno. Help me compensate with the wind.

#2 ·
honestly the thing you really need to do is to buy a real rifle.

That being said, your generally going to be shooting at distances to 30 yards, so 1 moa would be 0.3 inches at 30 yards. Go out on a nice windy day and fire several shots at a large paper target while keeping the rifle as steady as possible (read, benchrest). You will notice that the bullet at 30 yards... in a certain amount of wind will drift a certain amount. lets say for the sake of argument that in a 5 mph east to west wind your bullet flys 3 inches to the west. knowing that at 30 yards , 1 MOA = .03 inches we know that 3 inches = 10 MOA.

You have just then learned that your rifle needs to be adjusted 10MOA into the wind to compensate for it. Because you do not have a real rifle that is the best explanation i can give you. trial and error is going to be key.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.