Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

for the few of you that are into video games I think you should check out WW2 online. Its not excellent graffix like BF 1942 but I think it is very realistic. It a map of europe and you basically fight from town to town. (huge game environment) You need to have a linking town for supplies or if you get cut off so does your equipment. There are not any snipers yet in this game but I think all the everyday ww2 equipment is in there. As the war progresses you get new equip. like from 39 vehicles to 1940 vehicles and equipment. You can stall the production from the other side by bombing there factories so you can go ahead in years and they stay in 39 untill the factories are rebuilt. Anyways on to the ground pounding part. For hitting enemies at range you have to have your sights set right. There is not currently any windage but you bullets sure do drop. For smgs and mg they do spray around but I dont think its really windage. Its a very challenging game as a good body hit and your dead. You always have to be heading for cover and keep your head down. You have to listen where the shots are coming from, and to the trained ear you can tell the difference between allied and axis weaponry. Alot of my friends truly hate the game because they are used to the rambo type games that are so big nowadays.

The only downfall is you have to pay monthly but I've been playing since june 2000.

Any questions plse ask and I'll try to answer.
Hope some of you may try it but do be warned it is very taxing on your computer. You need a very good rig to play

Enjoy
Geoff

·
Premium Member
9,894 Posts
I remember waiting forever for this game to come out, and then when it did, there were major problems, so we never went back to it. Now I have a hard time paying the $15 subscription only because I know I have no time to devote to playing it....

MEL

·
Premium Member
7,927 Posts
would love to but I don't think my connection is up to it...

at work however....muahahaha....T1 soon...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:) thats funny that you say that they had major problems because they did... Even the guy at the store told me thatpeople were returning it because of problems. Its nice to have been playing for so long and see the game come so far though. All the new players dont respect that.
Anyways thought I'd mention it

Till next time

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there are no snipers in game as of yet. They do plan on adding some but in very short supply. like 2-3 per town. In game now for rifles are the british lee enfield no4 mk1, the french Mas mle 1936, and the german k98k. All are just adjustable iron sights. There are also Anti-tank rifles in the game like the boys ATR, which is a great distant shooting rifle for hits on enemy infantry. It will also take out tanks but you gotta be real close and depends on what tank your shootin. There are not any U.S. military in game yet but there will be over time. AS well as other axis forces. The next big change in game is the addition to the game map wich will include africa. With the irons sights you can make hits out to probably 4-500 meters at an enemy infanttry that is standing up and not moving. You have to have patience because the longer you aim the rifle at some one the more erratic you breathing gets and the rifle waives alot more. also changes if your in the prone position, kneeing or standing positions.

ciao
Geoff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts