Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I've got a magpul hunter 700 on my rem custom rifle, and even though it comes with an integral bedding block i was wondering if anybody has found benefit in epoxy/glass/jb weld bedding their action into these stocks?

I'm dubious as to whether i'd see any benefit to this but i would definitely consider doing it if somebody else has had success.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
I would guess you would see a little improvement. However, i would guess that there would be more gain from a better stock than from bedding that one. I wouldn’t put the money or time into the Magpul.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I didn't on mine and it gives me great performance out my .308 win. If stand them straight up and tighten then to specs, it'll be good. I need to work up my load to see if I can get better groups. I'm at 5/8" to 6/8" group now. But I'm using my old 308 combination. Take it out shoot it and if you reload play around a little with your loads.

Jeff D

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
My reply to this type of question is always the same: If it already shoots well, bedding will not make a big difference in accuracy. If it does not shoot well, it is worth a try and skim bedding a bedding block stock is easy enough to do yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts