Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a Bushmaster BA50 rifle. I live in Northwest Arkansas. If anyone has anything they want to part with please let me know. Or if you know of a FFL dealer that has one for sale for a reasonable price I would be interested in that as well.

ggarner at arkansasusa.com
479 871 one one four eight

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,
I have my bushmaster BA50 rifle that I am putting up for sale (regrettably). This rifle only has about 100 rds fired through it.
This set-up comes complete with the rifle, two 10-rd. mags, all paperwork, Bi-pod, hard case, AS WELL AS the proper cleaning rod and brush AND a Leatherwood Art Computer rifle scope (never mounted). The scope itself is worth much more than I'm asking and selling for $5000 including shipping. Let me know if interested and you can contact me directly with [email protected]...

Best,
Bass

·
Registered
1 Posts
I took delivery of my Bushmaster BA 50 last week. Tried to shoot it this weekend and ran into a problem. It was VERY hard to chamber the first round of American Eagle XM33C 660 grain FMJ. After firing the case stuck in the chamber and had to be knocked out (at home) with a 3/8" aluminum rod. I checked some Hornady 750 grain A-MAX and it seems to chamber fine although I haven't been back to the range to shoot it. Bushmaster said that I can send it back but was trying to find out if anyone has heard of this problem before. I checked multiple rounds of the American Eagle and they all stick in the chamber before the bolt is fully in battery. Any advice?

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Clean everything. especially the bolt face and chamber. New rifles usually ship with a coating of heavy oil or grease which should be removed before firing. Also...the oil and grease can attract dust and dirt and be enough of a problem that a round would have trouble chambering.

The Hornady ammo is considered a quality round for match grade shooting. The american eagle ammo is ball ammo and is designed to shoot in a machine gun. That does not mean that it won't fire in a bolt action...as I have fired several rounds through a barrett 99 bolt action with no problems. It is possible that the BA50 is chambered with a "match" chamber which is intended to be tighter than most chambers and might have trouble with some ammo. You might try another lot of the ball ammo and see if it makes a difference...but as Arkansas said it is not very good quality and is not very accurate...but if you just want it to go bang and say you shot a 50 cal then it is all you need.

Reactions: Arkansas89

·
Registered
BA50 SASS308 Remington 6.5
2 Posts
I took delivery of my Bushmaster BA 50 last week. Tried to shoot it this weekend and ran into a problem. It was VERY hard to chamber the first round of American Eagle XM33C 660 grain FMJ. After firing the case stuck in the chamber and had to be knocked out (at home) with a 3/8" aluminum rod. I checked some Hornady 750 grain A-MAX and it seems to chamber fine although I haven't been back to the range to shoot it. Bushmaster said that I can send it back but was trying to find out if anyone has heard of this problem before. I checked multiple rounds of the American Eagle and they all stick in the chamber before the bolt is fully in battery. Any advice?

·
Registered
BA50 SASS308 Remington 6.5
2 Posts
My BA50 did this after I shot about 300rds, it was the extractor that had wiggled loose and wouldn't grab the cases effectively. Just a simple hex key to tighten back up to desired spec and its been good so far but i carry that tool now. You can over set this adjustment to where it will not release the case too, so there is a happy medium. Hope that helps your problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts