Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
There were quit a few different scopes used. Ranging from 3 power long eye releif scopes to more high power longer range scopes. Ill look it up right now. Be back in a few minutes with some info.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Not in any type of order...

German PF PzF3 Telescopic Sight
German ZF39 Sniper Scope
German ZF4 Sniper Scope
German ZF41 Sniper Scope

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Im sorry i dont know. Wish i could help... i know there are some WW2 forums out there... maybe try those out. I know that Germany had several different scopes. Ranging from large high power scopes to small close quarters type scopes with only a 2 or 3 power magnification mounted on the rear sight forward of the action.

·
Registered
565 Posts
There's quite a lot of decent reading about WW2 sniping in Out Of Nowhere by Martin Pegler. All in all it's the most enjoyable book on sniping I've read so far. Not much technical info, but it is worth the money in my opinion. It's also fairly detailed on the history of riflescopes.

As for scope producing companies in Germany in that period...that is one heck of a long list. Zeiss at least produced the Zf4, Kahles produced something... Schmidt & Bender. All I remember is that there were several companies, and many are still going strong today.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
If any one knows where to get the 10 power WW2 German scopes... original or reproduction... please let me know. I really want to scope out an old Yugoslavian M-48 Mauser i have but i want it to look WW2 original. Thanks

BC

·
Registered
29 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Mmm, as far as I can remember, yep.

As I said, it's one hell of a long list. Basically all German companies producing optics today started off late well before optics on rifles was a common thing. Plus a long list of companies that has merged with others, changed names, or just gone bankrupt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts