Sniper & Sharpshooter Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's some good information for everyone to check up on. Everybody has heard secondhand information as to what their local gun laws and what is or is not allowed by our Imperial government. The NRA has this handy guide that gives a good summary for every state's laws. It'd behoove you to know your local laws in order to help prevent the ATF or your local LE agency from cornering your on a firearm-related techinicality.

I'm 100% against any legislation infringing on our 2nd Amendment rights, but this information is good for everyone to know so that they can protect themselves and the firearms in their possession . . .

http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/Default.aspx

-matt

·
Premium Member
5,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should also note that you should pay attention to any possible "doublespeak" in your law summary. For example, the MN laws in one part simply state that firearms must be transported "cased and unloaded". However, further on in the Permit to Carry portion, it is stated that non-pistol firearms in a vehicle must be "cased and unloaded", but also "in trunk or rearmost portion of the vehicle".

I can think of several occasions where I could very easily have been strung up on this . . .

-matt

·
Registered
518 Posts
Nevada Discrepency?

In Nevada it states:

No county or city may regulate the transfer, possession, registration, and licensing of firearms and ammunition.

However it also states this:

* As of October 1, 2007, Clark County requires individuals who are in the county for more than sixty days to register their handguns with local law enforcement. Registration of newly acquired handguns must be within seventy-two hours after taking title by purchase, gift or other transfer.

WTF!?!?!?!? How can these two coincide together???

·
Registered
518 Posts
I dont live there however since ill be traveling through there i wanted to know the laws to the states im going in and through so i dont get myself put in jail. However my brother does live there and i think he might find that interesting....

·
Registered
149 Posts
You should send it to that county what the state law is and see if you can get a response from them, id be interested in there answer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would also get the big green book from the ATF. I have had several people come into the Gun Shop I used to work in saying there buying a firearm for there wife or husband. That is a straw purchase. I have to tell them that and they get bent quick.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Good link, thanks for posting this

-Frantic

·
Registered
1 Posts
I feel that if a person was convicted of a Felony, it should be taken into cosideration the type of felony that was commited, what degree of felony it was, and if the individual served any prison time over this felony. Everyone makes mistakes and if they can take away your Right To Bear Arms then they should take away your Right To Vote, because it’s these people who make these decissions. I feel No One should loose thier Rights unless they Commited a Murder, Armed Robery or vilontly assualted someone, then I could understand not letting these people carry a firearm. Some Felonies are Harmless Acts that had no intension on Harming Anyone and the Felony was over 10-15 years old. The CCW Laws need to make changes so a one time felon of 10-15 years ago and now is a contributer to sociaty and served his country during PEACE and WAR TIME like myself who served 23 years in the U.S. ARMY, should be given a second chance so he or she can protect thier family in such an unstable sociaty we live in today and it’s only going to get worse.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You guys are sweating over nothing, compared to what we have to suffer through here in Australia.
Check out my thread Australian Gun Laws, to see what oppression we endure.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts